Edward J. Balistreri
Division of Economics and Business
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Colorado at Boulder (1995)
- B.A., Economics, Arizona State University (1989)
- Balistreri, Edward J., Christoph Böhringer, and Thomas
F. Rutherford (forthcoming) 'Carbon policy and the structure
of global trade,'
Economy. The model code can be found in the archive ham_dist.zip.
- Ren, Xiaolin, Peter Lawrence, Matthias Weitzel, Brian
O'Neill, Sam Levis, Prasanth Meiyappan, Edward J. Balistreri, and Mike Dalton
(2016) 'Avoided economic impacts of climate change on agriculture:
integrating a Land Surface Model (CLM) with an Economic Model
- Sue Wing, Ian and Edward J. Balistreri (forthcoming) Computable General Equilibrium Models for Economic Policy Evaluation and Economic Consequence Analysis, Oxford University Press: Handbook on Computational Economics and Finance.
- Balistreri, Edward J., Jesper Jensen, and David G. Tarr (2015) 'What Determines Whether Preferential Liberalization of Barriers against Foreign Investors in Services are Beneficial or Immizerising?: Application to the case of Kenya,' Economics: The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal , vol. 9, No. 2015-42, DOI: 10.5018/economics-ejournal.ja.2015-42.
- Balistreri, Edward J., David G. Tarr, and Hidemichi
Yonezawa (2015) 'Deep Integration in Eastern and Southern Africa: What are
Journal of African Economies 24(5), 677-706,
- Balistreri, Edward J. and David G. Tarr (2014) 'Introduction and Key Tables
from: Services Liberalization in Preferential Trade
Arrangements: The Case of Kenya,' in David G. Tarr's
Applied Trade Policy Modeling in 16 Countries: Insights
and Impacts from World Bank CGE Based Projects, World
- Balistreri, Edward J. and Thomas F. Rutherford
(2013) 'Computing General Equilibrium Theories of
Monopolistic Competition and Heterogeneous Firms,' in Peter
B. Dixon and Dale W. Jorgenson (Eds.)
Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium
Modeling, North Holland, Elsevier B.V., 1513-1570,
The model code can be found at the following link: handbook code.
"Poverty and Shared Prosperity Implications of Reducing Trade
Costs Through Deep Integration in Eastern and Southern Africa"
with Maryla Maliszewska, Israel Osorio-Rodarte, David G.
Tarr, and Hidemichi Yonezawa (September 2016).
"Privatization and the Unusual Case of Belarusian Accession to
with Zoryana Olekseyuk and David Tarr (August 2016).
"Trade liberalization gains under different trade theories:
A case study for Ukraine"
with Zoryana Olekseyuk (July 2016).
"Optimal environmental border adjustments under the General
Agreement on Tariffs and Trade"
with Daniel T. Kaffine and Hidemichi Yonezawa (February
2014). A more recent version of this paper (June 2015) is here, and the model code can
be found in the archive
- CGE handbook chapter: model development and GAMS code
- Solving heterogeneous-firms trade models
- A few toy models illustrating calibration of the Ramsey growth model in GAMS/MPSGE
- The Division of Economics and Business Working Paper Series