Blackboard External Resources
The Official Blackboard Help Site has many useful resources for Blackboard instructors and students:
- Tutorials and instructions: These resources may include animated, interactive tutorials or Best Practices Tip Sheets.
- Blackboard Digital Content: "Once separate experiences --- publisher content… open resources instructor-created content….Print, Digital, the learning management system --- are now coming together under one roof. Now you can quickly and easily integrate rich digital content—all from directly within the Blackboard Learn course management system."
To access the videos and tutorials on the Official Blackboard Help site:
- Go to http://help.blackboard.com/en-us/Learn/9.1_SP_14
- In the left column, select your role in Blackboard, Instructor or Student
- Click on the topic that interests you in the Table of Contents
From there you may choose from a number of self-study topics to help you master many aspects of using the Blackboard Learning System (Ver 9.1 SP14).
- When you use or view any of the Blackboard Inc. documents, keep in mind that CSM has the Learn version of Blackboard installed; we do not, at this time, have the Community or Content systems enabled.
- Some features that are mentioned in the Blackboard Instructor Manual or other Blackboard Inc. documentation may not be enabled on the CSM Blackboard system. (For example, for course, account and resource management reasons, we have disabled the features that would allow students to create a Blackboard account and would allow instructors to create or copy Blackboard courses.)
CCIT Outages & Notices
- [5-Feb-2015 5:30-8:30pm] Trailhead/Banner Monthly Maintenance
- [4-Feb-2015 7:30-7:45AM] Wireless Outage
- [29-Jan-2015 5:30-8:30pm] Emergency Trailhead/Banner Maintenance
- 6-Jan-2015 5:30pm until ~7:30pm] Banner Systems Outage
- [18-Dec-2014 5:30pm until ~6:30pm] Workflow System Outage
Need Computing Help?
Contact us through the Mines Help Center Helpdesk or 303.273.3430 or 303.273.3431.
For computer emergencies involving classes currently in session ONLY, dial extension x2345.
CCIT facilities are primarily housed in the east end of the CTLM building (Center for Technology and Learning Media):
Campus Computing, Communications and Information Technologies
1650 Arapahoe St.
Golden, Co. 80401-1887
Computing Commons Front Desk (CT156)
Office: (303) 273-3430
Fax: (303) 273-3475
Business Mailing Address
Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street
Golden, Colorado 80401-1887
If you have question or concerns about the content on this page, please submit a request to the Mines Help Center.