Instructor Training for Blackboard
When is Blackboard training?
Blackboard training will be held on request for groups, departments, or/and individuals.
If you would like training, please complete the request form to help me prepare.
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is an online Learning Management System (LMS) or Course Management System (CMS) used to enhance Face-2-Face (F2F) or hybrid classes.
Blackboard allows for online content management and sharing, assignment and assessment management, and provides a venue for facilitating collaboration and communication.
Training can benefit both new and seasoned Blackboard Instructors. For those who are interested in using this product, training sessions can provide a thorough familiarization with Blackboard that will enable you efficiently and effectively use Blackboard to enhance your F2F course sessions. Seasoned instructors will be introduced to new and more advanced tools.
Basic word processing, computer use and Internet skills (such as experience with MS Word, WordPerfect, saving documents in PDF format, web browsing and uploading files) are needed for use of the Blackboard system at a basic level.
- Logging into Blackboard
- Blackboard tools
- Making a Course Available for student access
- Enrolling Students and Managing a Blackboard Course Roster
- Graders, TAs and other Roles
- Loading a syllabus, files, articles, etc.
- Creating Assignments, Discussion Forumss, and online Tests (Assessments)
- Working with the Grade Center
- Exporting and Archiving a course.
A session can be 1-2 hours depending on content covered; it includes hands-on. Depending on your needs and desires, we will either create a sandbox course your exclusive use or we'll use one of your actual academic courses for the session.
CCIT Outages & Notices
- [15-Apr-2015 5:30-8:00pm] Banner Systems Outage
- [9-Apr-2015 5:30-8:30pm] Trailhead/Banner Monthly Maintenance
- [7-Mar-2015 8:00-10:00am] Banner Systems Outage
- [6-Mar-2015] ADIT Home Directory Outage
- [20-Feb-2015 5:30pm through ~ 12:00pm 22-Feb-2015] Banner Systems Outage
Need Computing Help?
Contact us through the Mines Help Center Helpdesk or 303.273.3430 or 303.273.3431.
For computer emergencies involving classes currently in session ONLY, dial extension x2345.
CCIT facilities are primarily housed in the east end of the CTLM building (Center for Technology and Learning Media):
Campus Computing, Communications and Information Technologies
1650 Arapahoe St.
Golden, Co. 80401-1887
Computing Commons Front Desk (CT156)
Office: (303) 273-3430
Fax: (303) 273-3475
Business Mailing Address
Colorado School of Mines
1500 Illinois Street
Golden, Colorado 80401-1887
If you have question or concerns about the content on this page, please submit a request to the Mines Help Center.