Graduate Student Commencement Ceremony
MAY 2017 COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
THURSDAY, MAY 11, 2017
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Student Recreation Center - Lockridge Arena
The ceremony will be streamed live, beginning at 6:55 p.m. MST at: TBD
Reception to follow ceremony
GRADUATE STUDENT CHECK-IN
To walk in the ceremony, graduate students must check-in early.
Check-in location: Small gym, 2nd floor of Lockridge Student Recreation Center (graduate students and advisors only)
Check-in Time: Graduate students may begin checking in at 5:30pm. All graduate students and advisors (only those walking) must be in line by 6:15pm.
- PHD Candidates attending the graduation ceremony will pick up regalia the day of the ceremony
- MANDATORY: Must turn in Doctoral Gown Agreement with the checkout form. Student accounts will be charged $900 for unreturned regalia.
- More details to be given at practice.
- PhD students will pick up the gown and tam (hat) at check-in the day of the ceremony. The gown and tam must be returned after the ceremony. The hood is yours to keep.
- To Purchase your own regalia-Optional (PhDs only): You may purchase the Mines doctoral regalia gown and tam from Jostens by contacting Shelly McClellan at 303-921-6662 or email@example.com. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
MASTERS DEGREE STUDENTS
- Pick up regalia in Bookstore when available (students will be emailed)
- Pick up cap and tassel at Check in
For further information, please Download and review the COMMENCEMENT HANDBOOK
- Guests will be prohibited from approaching the stage to take photographs or videos, but they will be permitted to take pictures from their seats. A professional photographer will photograph each graduate as they receive their diploma cover.
- After the ceremony, graduates and guests should arrange to meet away from the main aisle or stage.
- Attendance at a commencement ceremony does not guarantee that your degree has been awarded. All degree requirements must be met and verified before diplomas are printed or degree posted to your transcript.