On behalf of the 2017 E-Days scholarship committee and the Colorado School of Mines, we are pleased to announce that the application for the 2017 E-Days Scholarship is open! Before beginning your application submission, be sure to read all eligibility requirements and application considerations.
Applications are due by March 15th, 2017 at 5:00p.m. Any applications received after this time will NOT be accepted. The committee will select three winners based on the application components outlined below. Each award is a four-year (eight semesters), full resident-tuition scholarship. Winners will be contacted at the phone number provided.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Colorado Resident
- High School Senior
- Graduating from a Colorado High School
- Planning to attend Colorado School of Mines in Fall 2017
The 2017 E-Days Scholarship Prompt:
This is your graduating semester at Mines. You have been working relentlessly on your Senior Design project with your team, and your experiment goes very wrong. You are all transported back to a time before writing and communication*, but luckily you all were able to grab a few tools and technology from your lab. You know your professors and peers at home are working hard to get you all back home, but you don’t know how long you’ll be stranded there. Tell us about your journey, where you go, who you meet, problems you encounter, and how you solve them using your experiences gained at Mines.
*You may choose from one of the following eras:
· Stone Age
· Paleozoic Age
· Jurassic Age
· Ice Age
The application will consist of a thoughtful, proficiently written essay in response to the given prompt. The essay must not be longer than 2000 words.
The prompt for this year’s essay has been directly emailed to the email address you included with your application to Mines. If you have not recieved the prompt, please email Kelsi Streich directly at email@example.com
Your application must also include a one-page resume including, but not limited to:
- Academic accomplishments
- Extracurricular activities
- Community service
- Work experience
Though all parts of the application will be considered, a strong emphasis will be placed on the essay as a representation of the applicant’s personality. Specific application instructions can be found below.
Directions to Apply
- All components of the application should be emailed as attachments to the following email address: E-Days-Scholarship@mines.edu
- The email subject line must be formatted as following:
- Ex. Manning_Peyton_EdaysScholarship
- In the body of the email, please include ONLY the following, in this order:
- Primary contact phone number
- Alternate contact phone number (optional)
- Primary email address
- Primary address
- This information will be used only to contact you in the event that you have been selected as a scholarship recipient (or as an alternate), so please make sure they are up-to-date and accurate.
- In the interest of a bias-free judging process, DO NOT INCLUDE your name in the resume or the essay. Your application will be disqualified if your name is found in any document attached to your application. Your name should appear in the subject line of the email only.
- The essay must be attached in two formats, once as a .pdf and once as a word (.doc or .docx) format and must not exceed 2000 words. The essay in both formats should be named as follows:
- The resume must be attached in .pdf form, must not exceed one page, and must be single sided. The resume .pdf document should be named as follows:
- No other documents should be attached to your application. Any other documents prepared and submitted will not be considered.
- You will receive an automatic confirmation to your email once your application has been received.
Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in your application being disqualified.
Any questions should be sent to the following email address:
Thank you for your time.
Haley and Syd
2017 E-Days Scholarship Committee Chairs
*** The E-Days Scholarship is awarded separately from other scholarships at the Colorado School of Mines. If admission of any winner is rescinded or delayed for any reason, the scholarship will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate applicant. Those who are alternates will be informed by email. Students interested in financial aid should apply for assistance through the Colorado School of Mines Financial Aid Office.
Office Contact Information
1200 16th Street Suite E120
Golden, CO 80401
Hours: 8AM - 5PM
Monday - Friday