Major and / or Advisor Information

All Students

To find your current advisor, log into your Trailhead account and select "Self Service," choose the "Student" tab and select the link that reads "View Student Information." Your advisor will be listed in the first block of information under the "Primary Advisor" heading.

Graduate Students

To declare or change your major, please see the Office of Graduate Studies for more information.

Undergraduate Students

If you are declaring your major for the first time, please contact the Center for Academic Services and Advising (CASA) for more information.

Major and/or Advisor Change

You may submit a Change of Major/AdvisorPDF versionText only version form to the Registrar's Office to change your major and/or academic advisor. To submit a Change of Major/Advisor form, all of the following information must be completed:

  1. Your name.
  2. Your CWID.
  3. Your current major. (If you have not yet declared a major, you will need to speak with the Center for Academic Services and Advising.)
  4. Your current advisor.
  5. What you are using the form to update (your major and/or advisor).
  6. The major that you are changing to (if applicable).
  7. Your new academic advisor (if applicable). This will be completed by the program assistant in your new major department.
  8. The program assistant of your new department must sign the form.
  9. You must sign the form.

Once all of the information has been completed and the required signatures have been obtained, return the form to the Registrar's Office for processing.

Declaring a Double Major

To declare a double major, you must complete the Double Degree DeclarationPDF versionText only version form.

A student wishing to complete two Bachelor of Science degrees must complete the first degree plus a minimum of thirty (30.0) hours specific to the second-degree program. The thirty hours for the second degree may not include free electives and may not be double counted with any credit used to complete the first degree. The degree plan for the second degree must be approved by the advisor, the department head, and the Registrar’s Office representing Academic Affairs.

When two degrees are completed concurrently, the first degree is the one with fewer total hours required for graduation. In the case of a returning student, the first degree is the originally completed degree. The two degrees may be in different colleges. The degree plan may include courses from multiple departments. Different catalogs may be used, one for each degree program. The student receives two separate diplomas. The transcript lists both degrees.

A student may not earn two degrees in the same content area because the course requirements and content do not significantly differ.

The following combinations are not allowable:

BS in Engineering, Mechanical Specialty & BS in Mechanical Engineering

BS in Engineering, Electrical Specialty & BS in Electrical Engineering

BS in Engineering, Environmental Specialty & BS in Environmental Engineering

BS in Engineering, Civil Specialty & BS in Civil Engineering

BS in Mathematics & Computer Science & BS in Applied Math and Statistics

BS in Mathematics & Computer Science & BS in Computer Science

BS in Chemical Engineering & BS in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering

BS in Engineering (with any specialty) and a new BSCE, BSEVE, BSME or BSEE. The student may choose the old degree with specialties or the new degrees, not both.

To submit this form, all of the following information must be completed:

  1. Your name.
  2. Your CWID.
  3. The degree you are currently pursuing (this is the degree you have already declared).
  4. The double degree you wish to declare.
  5. The name of your new advisor in your new degree program. This will be completed by the program assistant in your new major department.
  6. The courses that will be used to meet the 30.0 credit hour requirement specific to the second-degree program.
  7. Your signature.
  8. Your advisor's signature.
  9. The department head's signature.
  10. The college dean's signature.

Removing a Double Major

To remove a double major, you must complete the Removing a Double Degree section on the back of the Double Degree form and submit to the Registrar's Office.

Contact Information

OPEN M-F 8:00am-5:00pm

Registrar's Office
Student Center E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401

P: 303-273-3200
F: 303-384-2253

 Follow us on Twitter