Medical Withdrawal

A student may be allowed to withdraw permanently or for a specific period of time for medical reasons if given approval from the Dean of Students. Students requesting a medical withdrawal should meet with the Dean of Students and provide the following:

  1. Official documentation stating the medical ailment that is present. This should be issued by a licensed doctor or therapist and include the date when first diagnosed.
  2. Any other supporting documentation regarding the ailment or situation causing the request for a medical withdrawal.
  3. Information regarding future educational plans at the Colorado School of Mines or other educational institution.