Minor & Area of Special Interest (ASI) Information
Please contact the Office of Graduate Studies for more information on declaring a Minor or ASI.
You must complete a Minor/Area of Special Interest (ASI) Declaration form in order to declare a Minor or ASI. For a list of the available minors and ASIs, click here. To submit a Minor/ASI Declaration, all of the following information must be completed:
- Your name.
- Your CWID.
- The name of the Minor/ASI program that you are declaring. (For a list of available Minors and ASIs, please see the CSM Bulletin.)
- Your declared major.
- Your expected date of graduation.
- In the box in the center of the form, all of the courses that will be used to meet the requirements for the minor/ASI must be listed. Please list all courses that you have completed as well as all courses that you are still planning to complete and the credit hours for each class. The grade column will be completed by the Registrar's Office.
- Your academic advisor must sign the form.
- The department head of the minor/ASI you are declaring must sign the form.
- Your major department head must sign the form.
Once all of the information has been completed and the required signatures have been obtained, please return the form to the Registrar's Office for processing. The minor/ASI will appear on your unofficial transcript on Trailhead when it has been added to your student record.
If you need to make changes to the courses listed on the form, please come to the Registrar's Office to pick up the original. The office staff will make a copy of the form. You must have the minor/ASI department head initial next to the changes on the form to approve it before it can be re-submitted.
If you wish to remove the minor/ASI, please come to the Registrar's Office to pick up the original form. Your signature will be required at the bottom of the form to have it removed from your graduation requirements.
There are currently a total of forty (40) minors available to undergraduate students:
There are currently thirty-six (36) ASIs available to undergraduate students:
Student Center 31
1600 Maple Street
Golden, CO 80401
Follow us on Twitter