Passport Information

If you are a US citizen and you plan to study overseas, in most cases, it is nescessary to have a valid and current passport. Most foreign countries require that your passport be valid for at least 3 months after your intended departure. Many foreign countries also require that you also have either a visa or a residence permit if you will be in-country for more than three months (for more information on whether you will need one of these for the country you intend to study in, Contact us)

 To obtain a passport, you must have the following:

  1. 2 passport photos (The photos must meet certain specifications or they won't be accepted)
  2. The completed but unsigned application
  3. An official birth certificate
  4. A driver's license or other form of official picture ID
  5. The necessary fee

In Golden, passport applications may be taken to the Golden Post Office at 1100 Johnson Road. To find other locations where you can apply for a passport, click on the following link to go to U.S. Department of State website.



© 2018 Colorado School of Mines | | Equal Opportunity | Privacy Policy | Directories | Text Only | | rss

Last Updated: 09/01/2017 16:46:17