Q: If my vehicle becomes disabled, how can I prevent getting a ticket?
A: Call Parking Services at 303-273-3100 or email and describe the problem. Explain when you will be able to resolve it and be sure to leave a contact number so we can reach you.

Q: If I become temporarily handicapped, will Parking Services provide a permit to park in HC spaces? 
A: If a handicap permit is needed, a note from your doctor should be provided to your local DMV office for a temporary handicap placard.  The HC placard, as well as your current campus permit must be displayed while parked in a handicap space.

Q: If I lose my permit, how can I get another one?
A: Parking Services will replace one permit for $25.

Q: If I get an additional vehicle, can I get another permit?
A: Only employees and married students may request a 2nd permit.

Q: Can I transfer my parking permit to a different vehicle?
A: Yes, campus permits are designed to be moved or transferred to other vehicles.  If your permit loses its stickiness, bring it to the Parking office and we will replace it free. When replacing a previously owned vehicle with another, add your new vehicle information by selecting "update vehicle information" in the right hand column.

Q: Can I leave my car parked overnight on campus? 
A: Parking overnight on campus is not permitted except for resident students. Contact the Parking Services office for specific information before leaving your vehicle on campus overnight.

Q: What about Christmas Break?
A:  For safety purposes and ease of snow removal, Public Safety and Parking Services request vehicles be left in LOT AA during Christmas break; this includes residents of Mines Park. Vehicles left on campus overnight must display a valid parking permit.

Q: What if I forget to transfer my current permit to a temporary vehicle?
A: If you have a current permit, Parking Services offers a free temporary permit for your temporary vehicle.  You may also purchase a meter receipt and display it on your vehicle.  Meter receipts are not valid for parking in reserved lots.

Q: Where can my guests park?
A: During regular business hours, guests are required to display a CSM parking permit or meter receipt when parked on campus and in Mines Park.  Refer to the Parking Services website for more information about visitor parking.

Q: Where can I park on campus if I don't have a permit?
All campus streets and parking lots require a campus parking permit or a meter receipt, including Mines Park. Parking without a permit or meter receipt will result in a parking citation.

Q: If my permit is stolen from my vehicle, do I have to pay for a replacement?
A: Stolen permits should be reported to the local police or Mines Public Safety. Bring a copy of your police report and the replacement fee will be waived.

Q: Will I be able to change from my current permit type to another permit type during the year?
A: Some permits are sold out very early and are no longer available... Contact Parking Services when you wish to change permit types.

Q: If I get a ticket while driving my friend’s car, who will get charged?
A: Parking tickets are charged to the permit holder or the registered owner. A moving violation on campus will be charged to the violator.

Q: When leaving for the summer, may I leave my car at my Mines Park residence while I’m gone?
A: Vehicles not moving within a 2-week period can be considered abandoned. Residents leaving their vehicles for long periods of time should contact Parking Services and complete an “Extended Parking” request form.  -- Non-residents may not leave their vehicle on campus overnight without permission from Parking Services.

Q: I have a small scooter that I drive to campus. Can I park it in the bicycle racks?
A: ALL scooters, mopeds and motorcycles must display a parking permit while parked on campus. ELECTRIC mopeds may park in bicycle racks with a visible CSM parking permit. Gas powered motorcycles and scooters must be parked away from buildings, just as vehicles, and may also park in the white cross hatched areas at the end of parking rows except when next to a handicapped space.

Q: If I disagree with the outcome of my appeal, who can overturn the referee decision?
A: All appeal decisions are final and binding upon both the appellant and Parking Services. Appeals may NOT be petitioned further.

Q: My parents come to visit occasionally. If they get a ticket, can I check the visitor box on the ticket and send it in?
A: When a ticket is received with the visitor box checked, Parking Services verifies the registration through DMV and when appropriate, will attach tickets to students and employees. This may cause unwanted holds on student accounts. Students and employees should do everything possible to limit the possibility of their guests receiving a parking ticket.