Planning and Construction Projects
Projects in Design:
- CoorsTek - contact Kathy Burris
(Website Under Construction)
- Edgar Mine Improvements - contact Kathy Burris
The Edgar Mine located in Idaho Springs recieved a grant to improve the infrastructure, including the road and utilities as well as design of a new classroom building and Dry building
- Traditional Halls Renovation - contact Robert Lee
Morgan and Randall have been upgraded; look for similar upgrades to Thomas and Bradford in the Summer 2016
Projects Under Construction:
• Ben H. Parker Student Center - contact Robert Lee
The Ben H. Parker Student Center has undergone a major renovation to approximately 60-percent of the building. All of the west wing has been renovated to include a larger bookstore, a remodeled kitchen and food court. In the east wing, the current bookstore and Digger Den will be renovated to include spaces for several student organizations. Construction is to be completed Spring Semester 2016.
Projects Recently Completed:
- Elm Residence and Dining Hall - Now serving the entire campus, Mines Market, within Elm Hall, is a 600 seat two level dining room serving fresh, healthy, traditional and international options throughout.
- Korell Athletic Center & Marv Kay Stadium at Campbell Field - The Athletic Center which includes North and South buildings, a soccer/track building and concessions.
- Starzer Welcome Center - Houses Student Admissions, Alumnit Association and the Mines Foundation.
Capital Planning and Construction
1801 19th Street
Golden, CO 80401
Chris Cocallas, AIA
Director of Capital Planning and Construction
Mike Bowker, PE
Business and Operations Manager
Robert Lee, AIA
Susan Miner, AIA
Construction Project Manager