Planning and Construction Projects
ARTHUR LAKES LIBRARY RENOVATION
Summary of Specifications for RFQ CSM CPC16-021:
Colorado School of Mines is seeking qualifications for interested architectural design firms for the renovation of the Arthur Lakes Library.
The approximate construction cost for Phase 1 is $900,000. Colorado School of Mines reserves the right to contract with the selected consultant for any/all subsequent phases of work to complete the project.
Projects in Design:
- 18th Street and Maple Street Plaza - contact Kathy Burris
Projects Under Construction:
CoorsTek Center for Applied Science and Engineering view from the corner of Illinois and 16th St.
CoorsTek Center for Applied Science and Engineering view of main floor and interior stair
- Edgar Mine Improvements - contact Kathy Burris
The Edgar Mine located in Idaho Springs recieved a grant to improve the infrastructure, including the road and utilities as well as design of a new classroom building and Dry building
- Mines Heating Plant - contact Susan Miner
The Mines Heating Plant Project, the construction will begin in March 2016 and is scheduled for completion in Fall 2017. The project consists of the complete renovation to provide stand alone heating and cooling capacity to the campus.
- Traditional Halls Renovation - contact Robert Lee
Morgan and Randall have been upgraded; look for similar upgrades to Thomas and Bradford in the Summer 2016
Projects Recently Completed:
• Ben H. Parker Student Center - contact Robert Lee
The Ben H. Parker Student Center has undergone a major renovation to approximately 60-percent of the building. In Phase I the west wing has been renovated to include a larger bookstore, a remodeled kitchen and food service area. Phase II the newly remodeled east wing houses Student Activities, Graduate Studies, Registrar, Bursar, International Student and Scholar Services and the Office of Internation Programs.
- Korell Athletic Center & Marv Kay Stadium at Campbell Field - The Athletic Center which includes North and South buildings, a soccer/track building and concessions.
- Starzer Welcome Center - Houses Student Admissions, Alumnit Association and the Mines Foundation.
Capital Planning and Construction
1801 19th Street
Golden, CO 80401
Chris Cocallas, AIA
Director of Capital Planning and Construction
Mike Bowker, PE
Business and Operations Manager
Robert Lee, AIA
Susan Miner, AIA
Construction Project Manager