Dr. Lesli J. Wood
- B.S., Geology, Arkansas Tech University, 1985
- M.S., Geology, University of Arkansas, 1988
- Ph.D., Earth Resources, Colorado State University, 1992
- Quantitative Seismic Geomorphology of clastic depositional systems
- Clastic reservoir characterization and modeling through research in outcrop and modern systems
- Tectonic and sedimentologic interaction in continental margins around the world
- Neogene development of the world's large deltas
- Martian deltas and shoreline processes
- Shale tectonics and mud volcanoes
- GEGN 203 Engineering Terrain Analysis
- GEGN 598 Seismic Geomorphology
- GEGN 513 Integrated Exploration and Development
Moscardelli, Lorena, and Wood, L. J., 2006, Seismic geomorphology of mass transport deposits and controls on formation and character, eastern offshore Trinidad (abs.): American Association of Petroleum Geologists Annual Convention, v. 15, p. 76.
Wood, L. J., 2006, Quantitative geomorphology of the Mars Eberswalde Delta: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 118, no. 5/6, p. 557–566.
Wood, L. J., 2005, Quantitative seismic geomorphology: the future of reservoir characterization: Houston Geological Society Bulletin, v. 47, p. 13–17.
Wood, L. J., Sullivan, Sean, and Mann, Paul, 2004, Influence of mobile shales in the creation of successful hydrocarbon basins in Post, P. J., Olson, D. L., Lyons, K. T., Palmes, S. L., Harrison, P. F., and Rosen, N. C., eds., Salt-sediment interactions and hydrocarbon prospectivity: concepts, applications, and case studies for the 21st century: 24th Annual GCSSEPM Foundation Bob F. Perkins Research Conference, p. 892–930.
Sullivan, Sean, Wood, L. J., and Mann, Paul, 2004, Distribution, nature and origin of mobile mud features offshore Trinidad in Post, P. J., Olson, D. L., Lyons, K. T., Palmes, S. L., Harrison, P. F., and Rosen, N. C., eds., Salt-sediment interactions and hydrocarbon prospectivity: concepts, applications, and case studies for the 21st century: 24th Annual GCSSEPM Foundation Bob F. Perkins Research Conference, p. 840–867.
Wood, L. J., 2000, Chronostratigraphy and tectonostratigraphy of the Columbus Basin, eastern offshore Trinidad: American Association of Petroleum Geologists Bulletin, v. 84, no. 12, p. 1905–1921.
Wood, L. J., Pecuch, Daniel, Schulein, Ben, and Helton, Mike, 2000, Seismic attribute and sequence stratigraphic integration methods for resolving reservoir geometry in San Jorge Basin, Argentina: The Leading Edge, September, p. 952–962.