Holds will be placed on student accounts when information is requested from the student and has not been received, or is due and late. A hold means that the student cannot access any of his or her information, cannot register, graduate, or process transcripts.
If you are a student and there is a hold on your account, you must contact the department responsible for placing the hold in order to have it resolved. This information can be found in Trailhead, under "Student Records." Viewing your holds will allow you to see the following information:
- The reason the hold was placed.
- What the hold prevents (registration, transcripts, etc.).
- The department that placed the hold.
Most holds can be released the same day that the required information is submitted to the relevant office. Following is a list of common student holds, and contact information for the department responsible for placing and releasing the hold:
- No Diploma Mailing Address - This hold is placed on graduating students who have not yet provided an address for their diploma to be mailed to.
Addresses can be added or corrected in the Trailhead Student Portal via Self-Service, you may watch this video for help and instructions. (note that diploma address can be added or edited the same as other addresses in the video)
- Student Owes Tuition & Fees - Contact the Cashier at (303) 273-3298 or Student Account Receivables at (303) 273-3158 or online here: Student Receivables.
- Residency - Contact the Graduate Studies Office at (303) 273-3247 or online here: Graduate Studies.
- Immunizations Incomplete - Contact the Student Health Center at (303) 273-3381 or online here: Student Health Center.
- Parking Hold / Unpaid Citation - Contact the Parking Services office at (303) 273-3100 or online here: Parking Services.
- See Readmissions Committee - Contact the Dean of Students Office at (303) 273-3231.
- Keys Not Returned - Contact Facilities Management at (303) 273-3330 or online here: Facilities Management.
- Need Application to Graduate - Please see the Application to Graduate page for more information.
- Selective Service - Please see the Selective Service page for more information.
- Invalid Address or Need Local Mailing Address - Addresses can be added or corrected in the Trailhead Student Portal via Self-Service, you may watch this video for help and instructions.
These holds are considered information-only holds and do not stop students from being able to register for classes, view grades, or obtain transcripts. Information-only holds are:
eRefund Enrollment: No Action Required - This hold is placed automatically to inform students when there is a refund balance on their account. Once the student is enrolled in the eRefund Program, no further action is necessary. For questions regarding eRefund, contact the Cashier at (303) 273-3298 or Student Account Receivables at (303) 273-3158.
e1098T Enrollment: No Action Required - This hold is placed to inform students to enroll in the e1098T program to receive the 1098T tax forms from the school. For questions regarding the e1098T enrollment, contact Student Account Receivables at (303) 273-3158.
Payment Plan: No Action Required - This hold is to inform students when a payment plan is in place for their tuition and fees for the semester in question. For more information on payment plans, contact Student Account Receivables at (303) 273-3158.