All official transcript orders must be submitted through the Online Transcript Ordering System. The Registrar's Office cannot process transcript requests submitted via mail, fax, or e-mail.
The first time users must create a new account. This is for ease of access for all current and former students. Current students may use their university e-mail address, but the account is considered separate from your Trailhead account. During the account creation process, you must enter the last four digits of your Social Security Number. For International students or students without an SSN: Please enter "1234" for this field.
Duplicate accounts on the Online Transcript Ordering System will be deactivated and all orders associated with the account will be cancelled.
If you need to update your account login information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All payments are collected at the time the order is processed.
Electronic Certified PDF Transcript.
The Colorado State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers does not currently accept electronic transcripts. To send transcripts to the state board (1560 Broadway, Suite 1350), you must order a paper transcript.
- This is the fastest and cheapest way to receive an official transcript.
- It is always the responsibility of the student to ensure that the transcript will be accepted as official by any third party and that the recipient will accept an electronic version of their transcript.
- All Electronic PDF Transcripts are available for download for one week once the order has been processed. It is the responsibility of the requestor to save the PDF file before the download period expires. If the download period has expired, a new PDF transcript must be requested.
- Adobe Reader is FREE and is required to view all electronic transcripts. Full versions of Adobe Acrobat 6.04 and higher are acceptable for use. Get Adobe Reader.
- $10.00 per Electronic PDF transcript delivered to one e-mail address. All payment information must be submitted through the Online Transcript Ordering System.
- Electronic PDF transcripts are normally sent out within 2 business days of the request. The turnaround may increase to one to two weeks during peak times.
- If you have completed ANY coursework at Colorado School of Mines prior to Fall 1988, please select Pre-1988 Official PDF Transcript.
- All PDF transcripts are encrypted with security properties to protect the integrity of the academic record, and may not be accepted for upload by unsophisticated websites.
- For more information on the authenticity of Electronic PDF Transcripts, click here.
Paper transcripts sent Express by FedEx
An official Colorado School of Mines paper transcript sent via FedEx. FedEx guarantees delivery service. FedEx delivery service takes at least one full day turnaround. FedEx DOES NOT deliver to PO Boxes.
USPS First Class Mail
Official Colorado School of Mines paper transcripts delivered by the United States Postal Service (USPS) via First Class Mail. Transcripts sent via USPS are normally sent out within 2 business days of the request. The turnaround may increase to one to two weeks during peak times.
Pick up at Registrar's Office
Official Colorado School of Mines paper transcripts can be picked up at the Registrar's Office in the Ben Parker Student Center building, Suite E280. Transcripts can be picked up Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
Transcripts must be picked up by the student. A valid photo ID is required. If someone other than the student will be picking up the transcript, the student must authorize that person to pick up the transcript through the Online Transcript Ordering System. Transcripts must be picked up within four weeks from the date requested or they will be destroyed. No refunds are issued for transcripts that are not picked up.
Transcripts can and will be withheld for current financial obligations to the university, and university or disciplinary actions that are in progress from Mines. Students and alumni will receive e-mail notification when the transcript has been withheld. Once the transcript can be released, the original request will be processed. Students/alumni do not need to submit a new request for a transcript that has been withheld unless the request is more than 30 days old. Any request over 30 days old must be resubmitted, as all requests expire after 30 days of inactivity.