Graduation Information - Awarding Degrees
Degrees are awarded in May, August and December.
- Degrees are awarded within10 business days after the commencement ceremony. There is no commencement ceremony in August, so August degrees will be awarded 10 business days after physics courses end as listed on the academic calendar
Text only version
- For specific dates by term, please refer to the Office of Graduate Studies deadlines.
- Degrees are awarded if:
- The student applied to graduate in Trailhead by the graduation application deadline
- All official transcripts from other universities for transfer credits are on file with the Office of Graduate Studies
- The student checked out by the checkout deadline
- The courses on the degree evaluation (courses on Degree Audit form) show a “yes” indicating that requirement has been met.
- The student has a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
For deadlines, go to Graduation Checklists & Deadlines.