Social Justice Education in Residence Life
Residence Life is dedicated to providing an inclusive community that fosters understanding and appreciation of all races, religions, national origins, socio-economic classes, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, physical and learning abilities, and ages. We are committed to playing an important role in the educational experience by providing students and staff with diverse educational and social opportunities so that they may become more justice-minded and educated members of society to address the needs of the world’s growing population. As an institution that is devoted to engineering and applied sciences, we call upon our communities to cultivate a passion for social justice and diversity and to develop the skill and knowledge set needed to take action for change within our global society.
- We will encourage the expression of different voices, perspectives, and ideas.
- We will challenge our own beliefs, opinions, and viewpoints.
- We will advocate for an accessible, safe, and respectful environment to enhance the living, learning, and working community at Colorado School of Mines.
- We will acknowledge and respect the multiple identities represented in each individual.
- We will show our commitment by our voice and our conduct.