Welcome to International Student & Scholar Services
The International Student & Scholar Services Office (IS&SS) serves approximately 550 international students from 72 countries who attend Mines.
The IS&SS provides the following services:
- Admission of Undergraduate International Students
- Advise on immigration regulations by individual appointment and group seminars
- Prepare legal documents that allow international students to gain work experience through a period of training
- Provide forms required by international students and their dependents to travel outside the US
- Process legal documents required for the admission of all international students (including undergraduate, graduate, special, exchange, and visiting students)
- Organize orientation programs for entering international undergraduate, graduate and exchange students
- Advise various international student groups, such as International Student Council, Indonesian Student Association, Kuwait Student Association and others
- Provide key pre-departure and arrival information for incoming students, their dependents and scholars.
The IS&SS also sponsors events and programs to help students adjust to life in the US and at Mines, and provides counseling related to emergencies and unexpected immigration problems.
The IS&SS reports administratively to the Director of Enrollment Management, and indirectly to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
If you have questions about international student admissions, degree programs, billing, financial aid, or housing, please visit those specific CSM pages. Please send other questions and comments about international student life at CSM to email@example.com.
The IS&SS business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (MST), Monday through Friday. The office is generally closed from 12:00 pm to 1:00pm for lunch.