Welcome to International Student & Scholar Services
The International Student & Scholar Services Office (ISSS) serves approximately 750 international students from 77 countries who attend Mines.
The ISSS provides the following services:
- Admission of Undergraduate International Students
- Advise on immigration regulations by individual appointment and group seminars
- Prepare legal documents that allow international students to gain work experience through a period of training
- Provide forms required by international students and their dependents to travel outside the US
- Process legal documents required for the admission of all international students (including undergraduate, graduate, special, exchange, and visiting students)
- Organize orientation programs for entering international undergraduate, graduate and exchange students
- Advise various international student groups, such as International Student Council, Indonesian Student Association, Kuwait Student Association and others
- Provide key pre-departure and arrival information for incoming students, their dependents and scholars.
The ISSS also sponsors events and programs to help students adjust to life in the US and at Mines, and provides counseling related to emergencies and unexpected immigration problems.
The ISSS reports administratively to the Associate Vice President of Enrollement Managment.
If you have questions about international student admissions, degree programs, billing, financial aid, or housing, please visit those specific CSM pages. Please send other questions and comments about international student life at CSM to email@example.com.
The ISSS business hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (MST), Monday through Friday. The office is generally closed from 12:00 pm to 1:00pm for lunch.