LISS.398A TECHNOLOGY, ENVIRONMENT and HUMAN ADAPTATION:
PART II PRE-EUROPEAN
LISS.381: SPECIAL TOPICS
This space contains information about selected
topics relevant to this course.
- A somewhat popular discussion of Maya astronomy, calendrics
and writing with nice graphics.
- Describes a project aimed at constructing a data base of
- A popular dicsussion of sports and games in prehispanic
Mesoamerica in Spanish.
MYSTERY OF THE MAYA
- Material relating to an exhibit on the Maya at the Canadian
Museum of Civilization. Contains links to other Maya material.
POPULATION ESTIMATES FROM SETTLEMENT DATA
- Discussion of methodology for estimating population from
data on settlement patterns.
- Discussion of the ceramic sequence in the Valley of Oaxaca.
ZAPOTEC WRITING, CALENDARS AND MATHEMATICS
- Discussion of Zapotec (Valley of Oaxaca) writing, calendars
and mathematical notation.
Colorado School of Mines
Division of Liberal Arts and International Studies
Dr. Joseph D. Sneed