- Geology and Geological Engineering
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- B.S. Honours Earth Sciences Co-op, Hydrogeology Specialization, University of Waterloo
- M.S. Hydrology Candidate, Colorado School of Mines
- Contaminant Hydrogeology, Biogeochemistry, Soils and Sediments
- My research at Colorado School of Mines is to understand how microbes interact with a heterogeneous subsurface by identifying geochemical indicators that characterize microbial "hotspots". My study sites are a former uranium mill site in Rifle, CO and a relatively undisturbed meandering floodplain along the East River near Crested Butte, CO. Using soil and sediment samples from these sites, along with select groundwater and surface water samples, I am conducting laboratory experiments to characterize physical, geochemical and microbiological properties. I will use this data to find geochemical characteristics of hotspots as well as to help understand hyporheic and temporal trends in floodplain meanders.
- Kayaking, Board Games, Painting, Hiking/Walking, Swimming