Aaron T Porter
- Applied Mathematics and Statistics
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, The Department of Statistics, University of Missouri, 2012-2014, Mentors: Christopher K. Wikle and Scott H. Holan
- Ph.D, Biostatistics, The University of Iowa, 2012, Advisor: Jacob J. Oleson
- M.S., Statistics, Michigan State University, 2007
- B.S., Mathematics, Purdue University, 2005
- Spatial and Spatio-temporal Statistics
- Lattice Data
- Bayesian Hierarchical Modeling
- Small Area Estimation
- Infectious Disease Modeling
- Slinski, K. M., Hogue, T. S., Porter, A. T., & McCray, J. E. (2016). Recent bark beetle outbreaks have little impact on streamflow in the Western United States. Environmental Research Letters, 11(7), 074010.
- Brown, G.D., Oleson, J.J., and Porter, A.T. (2016) An Empirically Adjusted Approach to Reproductive Number Estimation for Stochastic Compartmental Models: A Case Study of Two Ebola Outbreaks. Biometrics. DOI: 10.1111/biom.12432
- Porter, A. T., & Oleson, J. J. (2016). A spatial epidemic model for disease spread over a heterogeneous spatial support. Statistics in Medicine, 35(5), 721-733.
- Porter, A.T., Holan, S.H., and Wikle, C.K. (2015) Multivariate Spatial Hierarchical Bayesian Empirical Likelihood Methods for Small Area Estimation. STAT. 4:108-116.
- Porter, A. T., Holan, S. H., and Wikle, C. K. (2015) Bayesian Semiparametric Hierarchical Empirical Likelihood Spatial Models. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference. 165:78-90.
- Porter, A. T., Wikle, C. K., and Holan S. H. (2015). Small Area Estimation via Multivariate Fay-Herriot Models with Latent Spatial Dependence. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics. 57:15-29.
- Porter, A. T., Holan, S. H., Wikle, C. K., and Cressie, N. A. (2014) Spatial Fay-Herriot Models for Small Area Estimation with Functional Covariates. Spatial Statistics. 10:27-42.
- Porter, A. T. and Oleson J. J. (2014) A Multivariate CAR Model for Mismatched Lattices. Spatial and Spatio-Temporal Epidemiology. 11:79-88.
- Porter, A. T. and Oleson J. J. (2014) On the Spatio-Temporal Relationship Between AOD and PM2.5. The Journal of Data Science. 12(2).
- Abu Hejleh, T., Chrischilles, E. A., Halfdanarson, T. R., Pendergast J. F., Jiang D., Smith, C. J., Porter, A. T., Carter, K. and Wallace R. B. (2014) The Effect of Receiving Treatment Within a Clinical Trial Setting on Survival and Quality of Care Perception in Advanced Stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.The American Journal of Clinical Oncology.