Andrei Swidinsky - Assistant Professor
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, (2011-2013) Helmholtz Center for Ocean Research Kiel (GEOMAR), Germany
- Ph.D. Geophysics, (2011) Department of Physics, University of Toronto, Canada
- M.Sc. Geophysics, (2006) Department of Physics, University of Toronto, Canada
- B.Sc. Theoretical Physics, (2005) Department of Physics, University of Guelph, Canada
- Electrical and electromagnetic methods in applied geophysics
- Mining geophysics
- Non-seismic methods in petroleum geophysics
- Geothermal and aquifer characterization
- Magnetic storm impacts on the electric power grid
- Geophysics field camp
- Geophysics teaching
- GPGN302: Introduction to electromagnetic and seismic methods
- GPGN308: Introduction to electrical and electromagnetic methods
- GPGN420/520: Advanced electrical and electromagnetic methods
- GPGN411/511: Advanced gravity and magnetic methods
- GPGN438: Geophysics project design
- GPGN486: Geophysics field camp (director)
- GPGN598a: Special topics in electrical and electromagnetic methods
- GPGN598b: Instrumental design in applied geophysics
- Swidinsky, A., Kohnke, C. & Edwards, R. N., 2017: Tutorial: The electromagnetic response of a horizontal electric dipole buried in a layered medium. Geophysical Prospecting, DOI: 10.1111/1365-2478.12552
- Swidinsky, A., & Weiss, C. J., 2017: On coincident loop transient electromagnetic induction logging. Geophysics, 82(4), E211-E220.
- Safipour, R., Hlz, S., Jegen, M., & Swidinsky, A., 2017: On electric fields produced by inductive sources on the seafloor. Geophysics, DOI: 10.1190/geo2016-0700.1
- Swidinsky, A. & Nabighian, M. N., 2016: Transient electromagnetic fields of a buried horizontal magnetic dipole. Geophysics, 81(6), E97-E110
- Swidinsky, A., 2015: On refracted versus diffracted fields in controlled-source electromagnetics. Geophysical Journal International, 201, 1738-1742.
- Swidinsky, A., Hoelz, S. & Jegen, M., 2015: Rapid resistivity imaging for marine CSEM surveys with two transmitter polarizations: An application to the North Alex mud volcano. Geophysics, 80(2), E97-E110.
- Love, J. & Swidinsky, A., 2015: Estimation of observatory geoelectric fields induced during intense geomagnetic storms. Earth, Plants and Space, 67, 58.
- Swidinsky, A. & Nabighian, M. N., 2015: On smoke rings produced by a loop buried in a conductive halfspace. Geophysics, 80(4), E225-E236.
- Tang, W., Li, Y, Swidinsky, A. & Liu, J., 2015: Three-dimensional controlled-source EM modeling with a well casing as a grounded source using a finite element method. Geophysical Prospecting, 63, 1491-1507.
- Hoelz, S., Swidinsky, A., Sommer, M., Jegen, M. & Bialas, J., 2015: The use of rotational invariants in the interpretation of marine CSEM data. Geophysical Journal International, 201(1), 224-245.