Applied Chemistry Ph.D. Program
Department of Chemistry and Geochemistry
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
I am using genetic and chemical techniques to optimize lipid production in microalgae. In addition to fuel oils, we are investigating the production of other valuable hydrocarbons as supplemental sources for nutraceuticals, animal feed, and plastics. It is a fascinating field of research that combines chemistry, biology and engineering to address carbon fixation and the ever-growing need for hydrocarbons.
- B.S., Biomedical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis (2009)
- M.S., Biomedical Engineering, Duke University (2011)
- Ph.D., Applied Chemistry, Colorado School of Mines (in progress)
I grew up in Michigan and attended Washington University in St. Louis, where I earned a BS in biomedical engineering. I went on to Duke and received a MS in 2011, then moved to Colorado where I worked in an oncology lab. I am now at the Colorado School of Mines, working toward a PhD in applied chemistry studying algal biodiesel.
Through the Bechtel Educational Excellence Initiative (sponsors), I am working with kindergarten, first, and second grade students at Clayton Elementary. My fiance is in physician assistant school in Syracuse, but will soon be back in Colorado. I enjoy skiing, live music, and visiting new places.
- Keysar, Stephen B; Astling, David P; Anderson, Ryan T; Vogler, Brian W; Bowles, Daniel W; Morton, J Jason; Paylor, Jeramiah J; Glogowska, Magdalena J; Le, Phuong N; Eagles-Soukup, Justin R; A patient tumor transplant model of squamous cell cancer identifies PI3K inhibitors as candidate therapeutics in defined molecular bins Molecular Oncology 2013
- Keysar, Stephen B; Le, Phuong N; Anderson, Ryan T; Morton, J Jason; Bowles, Daniel W; Paylor, Jeramiah J; Vogler, Brian W; Thorburn, Jackie; Fernandez, Pamela; Glogowska, Magdalena J; Hedgehog signaling alters reliance on EGF receptor signaling and mediates anti-EGFR therapeutic resistance in head and neck cancer Cancer research 73 11 3381-3392 2013
- Anderson, Ryan T; Keysar, Stephen B; Bowles, Daniel W; Glogowska, Magdalena J; Astling, David P; Morton, J Jason; Le, Phuong; Umpierrez, Adrian; Eagles-Soukup, Justin; Gan, Gregory N; The Dual Pathway Inhibitor Rigosertib Is Effective in Direct Patient Tumor Xenografts of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinomas Molecular cancer therapeutics 12 10 1994-2005 2013
- Work, Victoria H; Bentley, Fiona K; Scholz, Matthew J; D'Adamo, Sarah; Gu, Huiya; Vogler, Brian W; Franks, Dylan T; Stanish, Lee F; Jinkerson, Robert E; Posewitz, Matthew C; Biocommodities from photosynthetic microorganisms Environmental Progress & Sustainable Energy 2013