- Applied Math and Statistics and Program in Nuclear Science
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- B.S. Nuclear Engineering, Kansas State, 1999
- M.S. Nuclear Engineering, University of Michigan, 2001
- Ph.D. Applied Mathematics, University of Colorado at Boulder,2006
- Radiation transport
- Multi-scale asymptotics
- Nonlinear waves
- Fast numerical algorithms
- C.D. Ahrens, "Highly efficient, exact quadratures for 3D discrete-ordinates transport calculations," accepted for publication in Nuclear Science and Engineering
- C.D. Ahrens and G. Beylkin, "Rotationally invariant quadratures for the sphere," Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 465, pp 3103--3125 (2009)
- C.D. Ahrens, M.J. Ablowitz et al., "On the asymptotic analysis of collision-induced timing shifts in quasi-linear systems with pre- and post-dispersion compensation," Opt.
- Lett., 31, pp. 5-7 (2006)
- M.J. Ablowitz, C.D. Ahrens and S. De Lillo, "On a quasi' integrable discrete Eckhaus equation," Journal of Nonlinear Mathematical Physics, 12, pp. 1-12, (2005).
- E.W. Larsen and C.D. Ahrens, "The Greuling-Goertzel and Wigner approximations in the theory of neutron slowing down," Ann. Nucl. Energy, 28, pp. 1809-1824, (2001).
- C.D. Ahrens and E.W. Larsen, "An exact Monte Carlo method for linear grey radiative transfer problems," Trans. Am. Nucl. Soc. 83, pg. 340, (2000).