Elizabeth A. Holley
- Mining Engineering
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- Ph.D., Geology Colorado School of Mines, 2012
- M.S., Geochemistry, University of Otago, New Zealand, 2006
- B.A., Geology, Pomona College, 2004
- MINING GEOLOGY RESEARCH GROUP
- Dr. Holley leads an interdisciplinary team of mining engineers and geologists working on geological aspects of the mining process, from exploration to production, processing and reclamation.
- CURRENT FUNDED PROJECTS
- Rock Damage from Geological and Induced Thermal Loading
- Funded by: National Science Foundation EAGER grant
- Collaborators: Drs. R. Kaunda and P. Nelson, CSM Mining Engineering
- Student: Graduate position available for a student with engineering prerequisites and experience in ore deposit petrography
- A Remotely Operated Underground Surveying and Geological Mapping Robot
- Funded by: pending NASA
- Collaborators: Drs. J. Brune, CSM Mining Engineering and J. Steele, CSM Mechanical Engineering
- Student: John Meyer, PhD student in Mining Engineering
- Ore Characterization at the Wharf Mine, South Dakota
- Book Chapters
- Holley, E.A., Mitcham, C., 2012. The Pebble Mine dialogue: A preliminary analysis of an effort to integrate geoscience, market exploitation, and the public good. Participation and Scientific Culture: International Perspectives, I. Daz Garca and A. Muoz van Eynde, eds, Arbor / Los Libros de La Catarata, Madrid, Spain.
- Referred Journal Articles
- Holley, E.A., Bissig, T., Monecke, T., n.d.. The Veladero high-sulfidation epithermal gold deposit, El Indio-Pascua belt, Argentina: Geochronology of alunite and jarosite. Economic Geology, accepted.
- Holley, E.A., Mitcham, C., 2016. The Pebble Mine dialogue: a case study in public engagement and the social license to operate. Resources Policy, v. 47, p. 18-27.
- Holley, E.A., Craw, D., Kim, J.P., 2010. Natural and mining-related mercury in an orogenic greywacke terrane, South Island, New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics, vol. 53, p. 103-114.
- Holley, E.A., Craw, D., McQuillan, A. J., 2007. Mercury mobilization from oxidative dissolution of cinnabar and metacinnabar. Chemical Geology, v. 240, p. 313-325.
- Journal Articles Under Review
- Holley, E.A., Monecke, T., Bissig, T., Reynolds, T.J. The Veladero high-sulfidation epithermal Au-Ag deposit, El Indio-Pascua belt, Argentina: Constraints on fluid evolution from ore petrography. Economic Geology.