Graham A. Davis
William J. Coulter Professor of Mineral Economics
Division of Economics and Business
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401-1887
- B.Sc., Metallurgical Engineering, Queen's University, Canada
- MBA, University of Cape Town
- Ph.D., Mineral Economics, Pennsylvania State University
- Dutch Disease, Resource Curse, Mineral and Energy Asset Valuation, Real Options, Mineral Royalties and Taxes, Mine Planning and Optimization.
- Samis, M., and Davis, G. A. "Using Monte Carlo simulation with DCF and real options risk pricing techniques to analyse a mining financing proposal." International Journal of Financial Engineering and Risk Management 1.3 (2014): 264-281.
- Davis, G. A. "Replicating Sachs and Warner's working papers on the resource curse." Journal of Development Studies 49.12 (2013): 1615-1630.
- Samis, M., Martinez, L., Davis, G. A., and Whyte, J. B. "Using Dynamic Discounted Cash Flow and Real Option Methods for Economic Analysis in NI43-101 Technical Reports." In, The Valmin Seminar Series 2011-12 Proceedings, The Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Publication Series No 3/2012, 149-160.
- Davis, G. A., and Vasquez Cordano, A. L. "The Fate of the Poor in Growing Mineral and Energy Economies." Resources Policy 38.2 (2013): 138-151.
- Davis, G. A., and Vasquez Cordano, A. L. "International trade in mining products." Journal of Economic Surveys 27.1 (2013): 74-97.
- Davis, G. A. "Technical note: simulating the two-factor Schwartz and Smith model of commodity prices." Engineering Economist 57.2 (2012): 130-140.
- Davis, G. A., and Cairns, R. D. "Good timing: the economics of optimal stopping." Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 36.2 (2012): 255-265.
- Davis, G. A. "The resource drag." International Economics and Economic Policy, 8 (2011): 155-176.
- Davis, G. A. "Extractive economies, growth and the poor," in Mining, Society, and a Sustainable World, edited by Jeremy P. Richards. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 37-60.
- Bertisen, J., and Davis, G. A. "Bias and error in mine project capital cost estimation." Engineering Economist 53.2 (2008): 118-139.
- Davis, G. A., and Tilton, J. E. "Why the Resource Curse is a concern." Mining Engineering 60.4 (2008): 29-32.
- Davis, G. A., and Newman, A. M. "Modern strategic mine planning." Proceedings of the 2008 Australian Mining Technology Conference, AusIMM, Carlton, Australia (2008), 129-139.
- Samis, M. R., Davis, G. A., and Laughton, D. G. "Using stochastic discounted cash flow and Monte Carlo simulation to analyze the impacts of contingent taxes on mining projects." Project Evaluation 2007, AusIMM, Carlton, Australia (2007), 127-137.
- Davis, G. A. "Measuring unambiguously pro-poor growth." Journal of Economic and Social Measurement 32.4 (2007): 253-261.
- Davis, G. A. "Reflections of a first-time replicator." Journal of Economic and Social Measurement 32.4 (2007): 263-266.
- Davis, G. A., and Samis, M. "Using real options to value and manage exploration," in Wealth Creation in the Minerals Industry: Integrating Science, Business, and Education, edited by Michael D. Doggett and John R. Parry. Littleton, CO: Special Publication Number 12, Society of Economic Geologists (2006), 273-294.
- "A simple Monte Carlo approach to examine sample robustness in growth regressions," 2013.
- "Replicating 'Sources of Slow Growth in African Economies'," 2011.
- "Replicating Sachs and Warner: The 1997 working paper," 2011.
- "Trade in mineral resources," background paper to the 2010 World Trade Report, 2009.
- "The economics of optimal stopping," with Robert Cairns, 2009.
- "An empirical investigation of mining and sustainable development," 2004.
- "Should developing countries renounce mining? A perspective on the debate," with John Tilton, 2002.
Using Dynamic DCF and Real Options to Value and Manage Mining and Petroleum Projects,"
with Michael Samis, Toronto, Canada, June, 2015.