- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- Colorado School of Mines, USA
- Major: Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy Specialty Ph.D. October 2014
- Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Major: Materials Engineering-Metallurgical Specialty M.Sc. March 2006
- Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia
- Mining Engineering-Metallurgical Engineering Specialty B.S. January 2000
- Grinding mill efficiency, comminution circuit optimization, titanium processing, gold extraction and refining, extractive & physical metallurgy.
- 1. H. Usman, A. F. Mohd. Noor & R. Astrawinata, Densification behavior of mechanically alloyed and hot pressed TiAl alloys. Proc. of 2nd Colloquium on Postgraduate Research, National Postgraduate Colloquium on Materials, Minerals, and Polymers, USM, Malaysia, 2004.
- 2. H. Usman, A.F. Mohd. Noor & R. Astrawinata, Mechanical properties and microstructure of TiAl alloys produced by locally made arc melting process. Proc. International Conference on Recent Advances in Mechanical and Materials Engineering), University of Malaya, Malaysia, 2005.
- 3. H. Usman, M. Ridha, & N. Ali, Effects of immersion time and concrete cover depth on corrosion of reinforced concrete exposed to seawater. Proc. of The Sixth Annual National Seminar on Mechanical Engineering, pp.383-390, 2007.
- Peer-Reviewed Journals
- 1. H. Usman, A.F. Mohd. Noor & R. Astrawinata, Microstructure and fracture observation of hot-pressed and as-cast TiAl alloys. Malaysian Journal of Microscopy, vol 2, pp. 196-205, 2006.
- 2. H. Usman, A.F. Mohd. Noor & R. Astrawinata, The effects of Cr and Mo on the microstructure and mechanical properties of as-cast TiAl alloys, Journal of Engineering and Technological Sciences, vol. 3 (3), pp. 294-306, 2013.
- 3. H. Usman, P.R. Taylor, & D.E. Spiller, The effect of Lifter Configurations on the mill Efficiency and Performance, in preparation to 2014 Minerals & Metallurgical Processing Journal.