CSCI 442 Course Website
CSCI 442: Operating Systems
Brown Building W250, Tues/Thurs 11:00 AM--12:15 PM
Instructor: Prof. Hao Zhang
Teaching Assistant: Sriram Siva
- Office: Brown Hall 250
- Email: hzhang -AT- mines -DOT- edu
- Office Hours: Thursdays 4:30-6:30 PM at BB250, other hours available by appointment.
Students are also encouraged to join lunch with the instructor at Tuesday or Thursday noons through the CS Funch Program.
- Email: sivasriram -AT- mymail -DOT- mines -DOT- edu
- Office Hours: 3:30-4:30 PM on Mondays -AND- 3:30-4:30 PM on Wednesdays at the Alamode Lab (BB 136)
This course introduces the essential concepts in the design and implementation of operating systems: what they can do, what they contain, and how they are implemented. Despite rapid OS growth and development, the fundamental concepts learned in this course will endure.
We will cover the following high-level OS topics:
- Computer System Overview
- Operating System Overview
- Process Description and Control
- Processor Scheduling
- Memory Management
- Virtual Memory
CSCI-262 (Data Structures) and CSCI-341 (Computer Organization). The prerequisites for this course will be enforced.
Last updated: Aug. 19, 2018