Jomaa Ben Hassine, PE, PEng, ing., M. ASCE
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- PhD Candidate, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO.
- Master of Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1988. Areas of focus: Geotechnical engineering, structures, numerical methods.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1985. Specialty: structures, minors: construction & transportation.
- Reliability-based design
- Random Finite Element Method (RFEM)
- Geotechnical risk assessment
- Wind turbines and their foundations
- Ben-Hassine, J. and Griffiths, D.V. (2012) Reliability Based Design of Foundations Subjected to Combined Loading with Applications to Wind Turbine Foundations, Proceedings of the 11th International Congress on Numerical Methods in Engineering and Scientific Applications, CIMENICS 2012, (eds E. Davila et al.), Pub. Sociedad Venezuela de Metodos Numericos en Ingenieria, pp. CI 17-23.
- Ben-Hassine, J. (2010) Bearing Capacity of Shallow Foundations under Combined Loading Literature Review and Application to Wind Turbine Foundations, PhD Qualifying Paper, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO.
- Ben-Hassine, J., Chase, M.C., and Lanning, R., (2010) "Investigation of Main Parameters Affecting Design of Wind Turbine Gravity Foundations" Presentation at WINDPOWER 2010, Dallas, TX.
- Ben-Hassine, J., Nofal, M. (2009). "Implications of Consistent LSD/LRFD Implementation in the Design of Wind Turbine Foundations." Presentation delivered at ASCE Structures Congress 2009, Austin, TX.
- Branca, W., Ben-Hassine, J. (2009). "Dynamic Analysis of a Turbine and its Foundation to Assess Liquefaction Potential of Bearing Soils." Proceedings of the ASCE Structures Congress 2009, Austin, TX.
- Ben-Hassine, J., Booth, P. E., and Riggs, D. (1995) "Static and Seismic Stability of Residual Soils over a Bedrock Cavity." Fifth Multidisciplinary Conference on the Engineering and Environmental Impact of Karst, Gatlinburg, Tennessee, April 1995.
- Fishman, K., Drumm, E. C., Ben-Hassine, J. and Ahmad, S. (1994) Influence of Interface/Joint Behavior in the Response of Structural Systems. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference of the International Association for Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics, Morgantown, West Virginia, May 22-28, 1994.
- Ben-Hassine, J. (1991). "Finite Element Analysis of Subsidence-induced Structural Damage," The Tunisian Scientific Magazine, 4(2), 58-61.
- Drumm, E. C. and Ben-Hassine, J. (1990) "Computer Modeling for Damage Assessment of Surface Structures," Workshop on Mine Subsidence and Structures, 1990 National Symposium on Mining, May 1990, pp. 23-53.
- Drumm, E. C., Kane, W. F., Ketelle, R. H., Ben-Hassine, J. and Scarborough, J. A. (1990). Subsidence of Residual Soils in a Karst Terrain, Report# ORNL/TM-11525, Oak Ridge National Laboratory and Martin Marietta Energy Systems, Inc.