- Applied Mathematics and Statistics
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- BS. Engineering Physics, Colorado School of Mines (2007)
- MS. Applied Mathematics, University of Colorado at Denver (2009)
- Ph.D. Applied Mathematics and Statistics, Colorado School of Mines (in progress)
Advisor Amanda Hering
- Spatial statistics and computational methods for efficiently analyzing large spatial datasets.
(Last updated June 02, 2014)
- Browning, J. M. and Hering, A. S. (2014). "Simultaneous treatment of random and systematic errors in the historical radiosonde temperature archive." In Preparation.
- Ying, S., Browning, J. M., and Hering, A. S. (2014). "Robust bivariate error detection in skewed data with application to historical radiosonde winds." In Preparation.
- Anderson, A. N., Browning, J. M., Comeaux, J., Hering, A. S., and Nychka, D. (2014). "A simulation study to compare statistical quality control methods for error detection in historical radiosonde temperatures." Submitted.
- Browning, J. M., Cameron, P. J., & Wanless, I. M. (2014). "Bounds on the number of small Latin subsquares." Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, 124, 41-56.
- Browning, J., Stones, D. S., & Wanless, I. M. (2013). "Bounds on the number of autotopisms and subsquares of a Latin square." Combinatorica, 33(1), 11-22.
- Browning, J. M., Vojtechovský, P., & Wanless, I. M. (2010). "Overlapping latin subsquares and full products." Commentationes Mathematicae Universitatis Carolinae, 51(2), 175-184.
- snht: Computes the Standard Normal Homogeneity Test, which searches for change points in a time series. Additionally, the pairwise SNHT method is implemented, which locates changepoints in multiple adjacent time series. Note: the package is currently in the process of uploading to CRAN.