- Assistant Professor of Engineering, Civil Specialty
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 2007
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 2004
- B.S.E., Civil Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 2003
- B.A., English, Case Western Reserve University, 2003
- My research involves the dynamic behavior of civil engineering infrastructure systems where manmade and natural construction materials interact with one another to affect overall system response. This involves a broad range of subjects, including Soil Dynamics, Structural Dynamics, Soil Mechanics, Structural Analysis and Mechanics, and Earthquake Engineering. In addition to these primary research interests, I am also interested in the history and heritage of civil engineering.
- Outside of work, I enjoy long-distance running; rock climbing; cycling; movies; eating all different types of food; and spending time with my family, friends, and pets.
- Ham, A., Wang, J., and Stammer, J. (Submitted November 2010, currently in review). Relationships Between Macroscopic Dissipative Properties and Particle Shape Characteristics in Dry Sands, ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering.
- Mott, G.R. and Wang, J. (Submitted August 2010, currently in review). Effects of Variations in Macroscopically Measured Geotechnical Material Properties on Dynamic Infrastructure System Response, ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation.
- Mott, G.R. and Wang, J. (2010). The Effects of Variable Soil Damping on Soil-Structure Dynamics, Journal of Vibration and Control. DOI: 10.1177/1077546309341599.
- Ham, A., Mott, G.R., and Wang, J. (2010). Experimental Calibration and Verification of Equivalent Linear Models for Intrinsic Damping in Soil-Structure Dynamics, GeoFlorida 2010. West Palm Beach, Florida, February 20-24, 2010. D. O. Fratta, A. J. Puppala, and B. Muhunthan, Eds. ASCE Geotechnical Special Publications (GSP) 199.
- Wang, J. (2009). Intrinsic Damping: Modeling Techniques for Engineering Systems, ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering. Vol. 135(3), pp. 282-291.
- Wang, J.; Zeng, X.; and Gasparini, D.A. (2008). Dynamic Response of High-Speed Rail Foundations Using Linear Hysteretic Damping and Frequency Domain Substructuring, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. Vol. 28(4), pp. 258-276.
- Gasparini, D.A. and Wang, J. (2006). Battery-Joralemon Street Tunnel, ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities. Vol. 20(1), pp. 92-107. Winner of the ASCE Technical Council on Forensic Engineerings Outstanding Paper Award of 2006.
- Wang, J. and Zeng, X. (2006). Influence of Temperature and Pressure on the Dynamic Properties of Rubber-Modified Asphalt Concrete, ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering. Vol. 18(1), pp. 125-131.
- Wang, J., Zeng, X., and Mullen, R.L. (2005). Three-Dimensional Finite Element Simulations of Ground Vibration Generated by High-Speed Trains and Engineering Countermeasures, Journal of Vibration and Control. Vol. 11(12), pp. 1437-1453.
- Wang, J. and Zeng, X. (2004). Numerical Simulations of Vibration Attenuation of High-Speed Train Foundations With Varied Trackbed Underlayment Materials, Journal of Vibration and Control. Vol. 10(8), pp. 1123-1136.