- Arthur Lakes Library
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- Master of Library and Information Science, University of Washington 2009
- PhD, English, University at Buffalo 2003
- BA, English, University of Rochester 1992
- cognitive development in engineering students
- information literacy pedagogy
- history of attitudes toward technology and engineering
- Violin, running, x-c skiing
- Recent and Upcoming:
- "Re(Create)ing Credible Author/ity and 'Teacherly Ethos'" accepted for presentation at the College English Association conference in Denver, CO, March 2016 (with M. Lee and B. DiBacco).
- "Using Minute Papers to Determine Student Cognitive Development Levels," Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship 82 (2015). DOI:10.5062/F4VM499B
- "Connecting by Assessing: 3 Case Studies," presented at Colorado Association of Libraries (CAL) Annual Conference, Loveland, CO, in Oct. 2015 (with P. Andersen and L. Dunn).
- "Using Classroom Assessment to Determine Student Cognitive Development Levels," presented at Science & Technology Section Annual Research Forum at American Library Association (ALA) Meeting, San Francisco, CA, in June 2015.
- Review of Reinventing Reference: How Librarians Deliver Value in the Age of Google. Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship 80 (2015). http://dx.doi.org/10.5062/F48S4MW4
- "Flipped in Another Direction: Student-Centered Library Instruction in an Upper-Division Undergraduate Engineering Course," delivered at ASEE Rocky Mountain Section Conference in Denver, CO, in April 2015.