Michael B. Heeley
- Economics & Business
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- PhD., Business Policy and Strategy, University of Washington
- MS, Statistics, University of Washington
- MS, Mining Engineering, Mackey School of Mines
- B.Eng (Hons), Mining Engineering, Camborne School of Mines
- Firm Technological Capabilities
- Knowledge Spillovers
- New Venture Creation
- Patent valuations
- Heeley, M.B. and Jacobson, R. (2008). The Recency of Technological Inputs and Financial Performance. Strategic Management Journal, Volume 29, pp. 723-744.
- Matusik, S. F., George, J. M., and Heeley, M. B (2008). Values and Judgment Under Uncertainty: Evidence from Venture Capitalist Assessments of Founders. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal,Volume 2, pp. 95-115.
- Heeley, M.B., Matusik, S.F., and Jain, N. (2007). Innovation, Appropriability and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings. Academy of Management Journal, Volume 50, Issue 1, pp.209-225.
- Heeley, M.B., King, D., and Covin, J.G.(2006). Effects of Firm R&D Investment Level and Environment on Acquisition Likelihood. Journal of Management Studies, Volume 43, Issue 7, pp. 1513-1536.
- Matusik, S.F. and Heeley, M.B. (2005). Absorptive Capacity in the Software Industry: Identifying Factors that Affect Knowledge and Knowledge Creation Activities. Journal of Management, Volume 31, No. 4, pp. 549-572.
- Covin, J.G., Slevin, D.P., and Heeley, M.B. (2001). Strategic Decision Making in an Intuitive vs. Technocratic Mode: Structural and Environmental Considerations. Journal of Business Research, Volume 52, pp. 51-67.
- Covin, J.G., Slevin, D.P., and Heeley, M.B. (2000). Pioneers and Followers: Competitive Tactics, Environment, and Firm Growth. Journal of Business Venturing. Volume 15(2), pp. 175-210. (This paper received the USASBE award for the best journal article on Corporate Entrepreneurship in 2000).
- Miles, M.P., Covin, J. G. and Heeley, M.B. (2000). The Relationship between Environmental Dynamism on Small Firm Structure, Strategy, and Performance. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Volume 8, No. 2, pp. 63-74.