- Mathematics & Statistics
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- AA Philosophy, Southwestern College ('08)
- BA Philosophy, Humboldt State University ('12)
- BA Mathematics, Humboldt State University ('12)
- MS Applied Mathematics (with a concentration in dynamical systems and chaos), San Diego State University ('14)
- PhD Candidate, Computational and Applied Mathematics, Colorado School of Mines
- Numerical Analysis, PDE Constrained Optimization, Dynamical Systems
- In the past, I have worked on biomedical image processing projects. Specifically, I developed procedures for automated region of interest detection and the segmentation of H&E stained histology samples. Outside of applied math, I am quite interested in logic, mathematical logic, and the philosophy of mathematics.
- N. Fisher and B. Bialecki, The solution to Poisson's equation with Neumann boundary condistions
by orthogonal spline collocation, In preparation.
- N. Fisher and B. Bialecki, Extrapolated ADI Crank-Nicolson orthogonal spline collocation
for coupled Burgers' equations, Submitted.
- B. Bialecki and N. Fisher, Maximum norm convergence analysis of
extrapolated Crank-Nicolson orthogonal spline collocation for Burgers'
equation in one space variable, (2018), Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, DOI: