Former group members
1) "Surface and Nanomolecular Catalysis" Editor: Ryan M. Richards, 2006, Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton.
Reviewed in Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2007, 46, 492.
2) "Nanoscale Materials in Chemistry Second Edition" Editors: Ryan M. Richards and Kenneth J. Klabunde, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 2008.
3) "Nanoscale Materials in Chemistry: Environmental Applications," Editors: Ryan Richards, Ranjit Koodali, Kenneth Klabunde, Larry Erickson, ACS Publications, Washington D.C. (2011)
Papers, Patents, and Chapters
Please click below for the most up-to-date listing of our group's publications.
94) Chi-Ping Li, Feng Lin, Ryan Richards, Chaiwat Engtrakul, Anne Dillon, Robert Tenent, Colin Wolden, Ultrasonic Spray Deposition of High Performance WO3 Films using Template-assisted Sol-Gel Chemistry, Electrochemistry Communications 2012 (DOI: 10.1016/j.elecom.2012.09.017)
93) Christopher A. Cadigan, April R. Corpuz, Christopher M. Caskey, Kenneth B. H. Finch, Xue Wang, Feng Lin, Ryan M. Richards, Nanoscale (111) faceted rock-salt metal oxides in catalysis, Catalysis Science and Technology, in press, 2012.
92) Lifang Chen, G. Jeremy Leong, Maxwell Schulze, Huyen Dinh, Bryan Pivovar, Juncheng Hu, Zhiwen Qi, Yunjin Fang, Sergey Prikhodko, Marta Pozuelo, Suneel Kodambaka, Ryan M. Richards, Controlled Synthesis of Nanoscale Icosahedral Gold Particles at Room Temperature, ChemCatChem 2012, in press, DOI:10.1002/cctc.201200230.
91) Jason M. Christ, K.C. Neyerlin, Heli Wang, Ryan Richards, Huyen N. Dinh, "Impact of Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Degradation Products on the Activity of the Oxygen Reduction Reaction for Platinum Catalysts," ECS Transactions, 2012 in press.
90) April Corpuz, Timothy Olson, Prajeeb Joghee, Svitlana Pylypenko, Arelaine Dameron, Huyen Dinh, Kevin O’Neill, Katherine Hurst, Guido Bender, Thomas Gennett, Bryan Pivovar, Ryan M. Richards, Ryan O’Hayre, Effect of a nitrogen-doped PtRu/carbon anode catalyst on the durability of a direct methanol fuel cell, Journal of Power Sources 2012, 217, 142-151.
89) Casey McAlpin, Kent Voorhees, April Corpuz, Ryan M. Richards, Identifying Biomolecules: Direct Characterization of Low Molecular Weight Lipids Using MALDI-MS Instrumentation, Analytical Chemistry 2012, in press.
88) Divakara Soorly Gopala, Rama R. Bhattacharjee, Ryan Richards, Dispersion of TiO2 on high surface area mesoporous silica: Functionalization with tungstophosphoric acid and application in solvent-free, aerobic oxidation of n-hexadecane, Applied Organometallic Chemistry 2012, in press.
87) “Catalyst For Oxygenate Synthesis, Oxygenate Production Apparatus, And Method Of Producing Oxygenate” R. M. Richards and C. Cadigan, Patent Application No. 61/607688 (Application date March 7th,2012)
86) Man Luo, Yong Liu, Juncheng Hu, Jinlin Li, Jun Liu, Ryan M. Richards, General strategy for one-pot synthesis of metal sulfide hollow spheres with enhanced photocatalytic activity, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 2012, 125, 180-188.
85) Feng Lin, Jifang Cheng, Chaiwat Engtrakul, Anne Dillon, Dennis Nordlund, Rob Moore, Tsu-Chien Weng, S.K. R. Wiliams, Ryan M. Richards, In situ crystallization of high performing WO3- based elecrochromic materials and the importance for durability and switching kinetics, Journal of Materials Chemistry 2012, 22, 16817-16823.
84) Irantzu Sádaba, Manuel Ojeda, Rafael Mariscal, Ryan Richards and Manuel López Granados, Preparation and Characterization of Mg-Zr Mixed Oxide Aerogels and Their Application as Aldol Condensation Catalysts, ChemPhysChem 2012, DOI: 10.1002/cphc.201200440.
83) Kenneth B.H. Finch, Ryan M. Richards, Aurore Richel, Andrei V. Medvedovici, Nicoleta G. Gheorghe, Marian Verziu, Simona M. Coman, Vasile I. Parvulescu "Catalytic hydroprocessing of lignin under thermal and ultrasound conditions" Catalysis Today, Available online 20 March 2012.
82) Xue Wang, Lifang Chen, Meng Shang, Feng Lin, Juncheng Hu and Ryan M Richards, "Nanoscale gold intercalated into mesoporous silica as a highly active and robust catalyst" Nanotechnology 2012, 23 (29), 294010.
81) Feng Lin, Chi-Ping Li, Gang Chen, Robert Tenent, Colin Wolden, Dane Gillaspie, Anne Dillon, Ryan Richards, Chaiwat Engtrakul, Low-temperature ozone exposure technique to modulate the stoichiometry of WOx nanorods and optimize the electrochromic performance, Nanotechnology 2012, 23, 255601.
80) Kake Zhu, Weiming Hua, Wei Deng, Ryan M. Richards, Preparation of MgO nanosheets with polar (111) surfaces by ligand exchange and esterification- synthesis, structure and application as catalyst support, European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry 2012, 17, 2869-2876.
79) Liu, Y.; Hu, J. C.; Ngo, C. L.; Prikhodko, S.; Kodambaka, S.; Li, J. L.; Richards, R., Gram-scale wet chemical synthesis of wurtzite-8H nanoporous ZnS spheres with high photocatalytic activity. Applied Catalysis B-Environmental 2011, 106 (1-2), 212-219.
78) Chen, L. F.; Hu, J. C.; Qi, Z. W.; Fang, Y. J.; Richards, R., Gold Nanoparticles Intercalated into the Walls of Mesoporous Silica as a Versatile Redox Catalyst. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2011, 50 (24), 13642-13649.
77) Almostaneer, H.; Cadigan, C.; Liu, S.; Olson, D. L.; Richards, R.; Liang, H. J., Hydrocarbon-metal reactions during metal arc welding under oil (MAW-UO). Science and Technology of Welding and Joining 2011, 16 (7), 619-629.
76) Magureanu, M.; Piroi, D.; Mandache, N. B.; Parvulescu, V. I.; Parvulescu, V.; Cojocaru, B.; Cadigan, C.; Richards, R.; Daly, H.; Hardacre, C., In situ study of ozone and hybrid plasma Ag-Al catalysts for the oxidation of toluene: Evidence of the nature of the active sites. Applied Catalysis B-Environmental 2011, 104 (1-2), 84-90.
75) Shen, A. G.; Guo, J. Z.; Xie, W.; Sun, M. X.; Richards, R.; Hu, J. M., Surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy in living plant using triplex Au-Ag-C core-shell nanoparticles. Journal of Raman Spectroscopy 2011, 42 (4), 879-884.
74) Zhi Li, Cristian V. Ciobanu, Juncheng Hu, Juan-Pedro Palomares-Báez, José- Luis Rodríguez-López, Ryan Richards “Experimental and DFT Study of Gold Nanoparticles Supported on MgO(111) Nano-Sheets and their Catalytic Activity” PhysicalChemistryChemicalPhysics 2011, 13, 2582-2589. Invited contribution to special issue on nanostructured catalysts.
73) Marian Verziu, Simona M. Comana, Ryan Richards, Vasile I. Parvulescu “Transesterification of vegetable oils over CaO catalysts” Catalysis Today 2011, 167, 64-70.
72) Irantzu Sádabaa, M. Ojedaa, R. Mariscala, Ryan Richards, Manuel López Granados “Mg–Zr mixed oxides for aqueous aldol condensation of furfural with acetone: Effect of preparation method and activation temperature” Catalysis Today 2011, 167, 77-83.
71) Divakara Soorly Gopala, Rama Ranjan Bhattacharjee, Robert Haerr, Bener Yeginoglu, Octavian Dumitru Pavel, Bogdan Cojocaru, Vasile I. Parvulescu, Ryan M. Richards “Synthesis and characterization of titanium dioxide phases in mesostructured silica matrices with photocatalytic activity” ChemCatChem 2011, 2. 408-416
70) April Corpuz and Ryan Richards chapter entitled “Chemistry of Rocksalt-Structured (111) Metal Oxides” in Nanoscale Materials in Chemistry: Environmental Applications, Eds. Larry Erickson, Ranjit Koodali and Ryan Richards, American Chemical Society, 2010, Washington D.C.
69) Stephen Marshall, Marykate O'Brien, Brittany Oetter, April Corpuz, Ryan Richards, Daniel Schwartz, J. William Medlin “Controlled selectivity for palladium catalysts using self-assembled monolayers” Nature Materials 2010, 9 (10), 853-858.
68) Juncheng Hu, Zhi Song, Lifang Chen, Han Yang, Jun Li, Ryan Richards “Adsorption Properties of MgO(111) Nanoplates for the Dye Pollutants from Wastewater” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data 2010, 55 (9), 3742-3748.
67) Lifang Chen, Juncheng Hu, Ryan Richards, and Suneel Kodambaka, "Synthesis and surface activity of single-crystalline Co3O4 (111) holey nanosheets," Nanoscale, 2010, 2, 1657-1660.
66) Vasile Parvulescu, Bogdan Cojocaru, Viorica Parvulescu, Ryan Richards, Zhi Li, Chris Cadigan, Pascal Granger, Pierre Miquel, and Chris Hardacre, "Sol-gel-entrapped nano silver catalysts - correlation between active silver species and catalytic behavior," Journal of Catalysis, 2010, 272, 92-100.
65) Yong Lin, Lifang Chen, Juncheng Hu, Jinlin Li, and Ryan Richards, "TiO2 Nanoflakes Modified with Gold Nanoparticles as Photocatalysts with High Activity and Durability under near UV Irradiation," Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2010, 114, 1641-1645.
64) Aiguo Shen, Lifang Chen, Wei Xie, Junchen Hu, Ao Zeng, Ryan Richards, and Jiming Hu, "Triplex Au-Ag-C Core-Shell Nanoparticles as a Novel Raman Label", Advanced Functional Materials, 2010, 20, 969-975.
63) Prikhodko, SV ; Chen, L ; Kodambaka, S ; Richards, R ; “Structural and Morphological Characterization of Catalytically-Active Co3O4 Powders” Microscopy And Microanalysis 2009, 15, 1288-1289.
62) Lihua Bi, Ghada Al-Kadamany, Elena Chubarova, Michael Dickman, Lifang Chen, Divakara Gopala, Ryan Richards, Bineta Keita, Louis Nadjo, Helge Jaensch, Georges Mathys, Ulrich Kortz “Organo-Ruthenium Supported Heteropolytungstates: Synthesis, Structure, Electrochemistry, and Oxidation Catalysis” Inorganic Chemistry, 2009, 21, 10068-10077.
61) Ryan Richards "Nanostructured Catalysts from the Liquid-Liquid Interface" ChemCatChem, 2009, 4, 435-436.
60) Lifang Chen, Zhi Song, Xue Wang, Sergey V. Prikhodko, Juncheng Hu, Suneel Kodambaka and Ryan Richards “Three-Dimensional Morphology Control during Wet Chemical Synthesis of Porous Chromium Oxide Spheres” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2009, 9, 1931-1937.
59) Zhi Song, Lifang Chen, Juncheng Hu, and Ryan Richards, "NiO(111) nanosheets as efficient and recyclable adsorbents for dye pollutant removal from wastewater" Nanotechnology, 2009 20, 27, 275707.
58) Lifang Chen, Juncheng Hu, Sibsankar Mal, Ulrich Kortz. Ryan Richards, "Heterogeneous wheel shaped Cu20-phosphotungstate [Cu20Cl(OH)24(H2O)12- (P8W48O184)]25- catalyst for solvent-free aerobic oxidation of n-hexadecane" Chemistry –A European Journal 2009, 15, 7490-7497.
57) “Controlled Synthesis and CO2 Hydrogenation Activity of Flowerlike Single-crystalline ZnO Nanostructures” Lifang Chen, Juncheng Hu, Ryan Richards; US patent 61/143,489 filed 2009.
56) Lifang Chen, Juncheng Hu. Ryan Richards; “Intercalation of Aggregation-Free and Well-Dispersed Gold Nanoparticles into the
Walls of Mesoporous Silica as a Robust ‘Green’ Catalyst for n-Alkane Oxidation” Journal of the American Chemical Society 2009, 131, 914-915.
55) Florentina Neatu, Zhi Li, Ryan Richards, Patrick Y. Toullec, Jean-Pierre Genet, Karifala Dumbuya, J. Michael Gottfried, Hans-Peter Steinruck, Vasile I. Parvulescu, and Veronique Michelet, "Heterogeneous Gold Catalysts for Efficient Access to Functionalized Lactones" Chemistry - A European Journal, 2008, 30, 9412-9418.
54) Zhi Li, Christian Kuebel, Vasile Parvulescu, Ryan Richards "Size Tunable Gold Nanorods Evenly Distributed in the Channels of Mesoporous Silica" ACS Nano, 2008, 2, 205-212.
53) Zhi Li, Soorly G. Divakara, Ryan M. Richards, Chapter entitled ‘Oxidation Catalysis by Nanoscale Gold, Silver and Copper’ in ‘Nanomaterials’ Ed. Kurt Geckeler, Wiley VCH, 2008.
52) Florentina Neatu, Alexander Kraynov, Lawrence D'Souza, Vasile I. Pârvulescu*, Krištof Kranjc, Marijan Kocevar, Victor Kuncser, and Ryan Richards, "Iron Oxide Colloids and their Heterogenization by Silica Sol-gel Entrapment: Catalytic and Magnetic Properties" Applied Catalysis A, 2008, 346, 28-35.
51) MgO Nanoshetts Possessing The (111) Crystallographic Plane As A Primary Surface, Method For Preparing The Same And Use Thereof, R. Richards, K. Zhu, C. Kübel and J. Hu, International Publication No. WO 2007/093415 A3, International Application No. PCT/EP2007/001312.
50) Supported Polyoxometalates, Process For Their Preparation And Use In Oxidation Of Alkanes, R. M. Richards, U. Kortz, K. Zhu, L. Bi, A. Suchopar and L. Chen, International Publication No. WO 2007/142727 A1, International Application No. PCT/US2007/008153.
49) Florentina Neatu, Alexander Kraynov, Vasile I Pârvulescu, Kristof Kranjc, Marijan Kocevar, Virgine Ratovelomanana-Vidal, and R yan Richards,"Synphos modified Pt nanoclusters, their heterogenization by silica sol-gel entrapment, and catalytic activity in hydrogenolysis of bicyclo[2.2.2]oct-7-enes and hydrogenation of ethyl pyruvate" Nanotechnology, 2008, 19, 225702.
48) Juncheng Hu, Lifang Chen, Ryan Richards, Chapter entitled “Properties, Synthesis, and Applications of Highly Dispersed Metal Oxide Catalysts”, Oxides and Oxidation Catalysis, volume 2, chapter 6, Wiley-VCH, 2008.
47) Lifang Chen, Juncheng Hu, Ryan M. Richards,”Nanoscale Iron Doped Zirconia Solid Solution Aerogels: Preparation, Characterization and Catalytic Properties for n-Hexadecane Oxidation”, ChemPhysChem, 2008, 9, 1069-1078.
46) Juncheng Hu; Kake Zhu; Lifang Chen; Haijian Yang; Zhi Li; Andreas Suchopar; Ryan Richards, "Preparation and Surface Activity of Single Crystalline NiO(111) Nano-sheets with Hexagonal Holes, a Semiconductor Nanospanner", Advanced Materials, 2008, 2, 267-271.
45) Marian Verziu, Bogdan Cojocaru, Juncheng Hu, Ryan Richards, Crinu Ciuculescu, Petru Filip and Vasile I. Parvulescu, "Sunflower and rapeseed oil transesterification to biodiesel over different nanocrystalline MgO catalysts", Green Chemistry, 2008, 10, 373-381.
44) Juncheng Hu; Kake Zhu; Lifang Chen; Christian Kübel; Ryan Richards, "MgO(111) Nano-sheets with Unusual Surface Activity ", Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2007, 111, 12038-12044.
43) Monica Magureanu, Nicolae B. Mandache, Juncheng Hu, Ryan Richards, Mihaela Florea, Vasile I. Parvulescu, "Plasma-assisted catalysis total oxidation of trichloroethylene over gold nano-particles embedded in SBA-15 catalysts" Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2007, 275-281.
42) L. Chen, K. Zhu, L. Bi, A. Suchopar, M. Reicke, G. Mathys, H. Jaensch, U. Kortz, R. M. Richards, "Solvent Free Aerobic Oxidation of n-Alkane by Iron(III)-Substituted Polyoxotungstates Immobilized on SBA-15", Inorg. Chem., 2007, 46, 8457-8459.
41) Vasile I. Parvulescu, Viorica Parvulescu, Uwe Endruschat, Pascal Granger, Ryan Richards; "Mesoporous Pt-SiO2 and Pt-SiO2-Ta2O5 catalysts prepared using Pt colloids as templates" ChemPhysChem, 2007, 8, 666-678.
40) Juncheng Hu, Lifang Chen, Kake Zhu, Andreas Suchopar and Ryan Richards "Aerobic oxidation of alcohols catalyzed by gold nano-particles confined in the walls of mesoporous silica" Catalysis Today, 2007, 122, 277-283.
39) H. Bonnemann, K. S. Nagabhushana, and R. M. Richards; Chapter entitled 'Colloidal Nanoparticles Stabilized by Surfactants or Organo-Aluminum Derivatives. Preparation and Use as Catalyst Precursors; Editor: D. Astruc, 2007, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
38) Alexander Kraynov and Ryan Richards "Enantioselective Hydrogenation of Ethyl Pyruvate over Diop Modified Pt Nanoclusters. Determination of Geometry of the Ligand Adsorption Mode via DRIFTS" Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2007, 9, 884 - 890
37) Lifang Chen, Juncheng Hu, Yangdong Wang, Kake Zhu, Ryan Richards, , Wei Min Yang, Zhi Chang Liu, Wei Xu, "Highly efficient tungsten-substituted mesoporous SBA-15 catalysts for 1-butene metathesis" Materials Letters, 2006, 60, 3059-3062.
36) Kake Zhu, Juncheng Hu, Christian Kuebel and Ryan Richards ""Efficient Preparation and Catalytic Activity of MgO(111) Nano-sheets" Angewandte Chemie, 2006, 45, 7277-7281.
35) Lawrence D'Souza and Ryan Richards; Chapter entitled 'Synthesis of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles; Liquid Solid Transformations' in 'Synthesis, Properties and Applications of Oxide Nanomaterials'. Editors: Jose A. Rodriguez and Marcos Fernandez-Garcia, 2006, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
34) Alexander Kraynov and Ryan Richards "Preparation and Chiral Activation of Cinchonidine Modified Pt Nanoclusters Deposited on Alumina Support. Influence of Catalyst Nature on Obtained Enantiomeric Excess in Ethyl Pyruvate Hydrogenation at Low Pressures" Applied Catalysis A: General, 2006, 314, 1, 1-8.
33) Alexander Kraynov, Andreas Suchopar, Ryan Richards, "Examination of Catalytic Behavior and Origin of the Initial Transient Period for Pt Nanoclusters Modified with Cinchonidine" Catalysis Letters, 110, 1-2, 91-99.
32) J. Narasimha Moorthy, R. Natarajan, G. Savitha, A. Suchopar and Ryan M. Richards, "Anion Driven Self-Assembly of Tetrapyridyl Ligand with a Twist" Journal of Molecular Structure, 2006, 796, 216-222.
31) Jun-cheng Hu, Yang-Dong Wang, Li-Fang Chen, Ryan Richards, Wei-Min Yang, Zhi-Cheng Liu, Wei Xu; "Synthesis and Characterization of Tungsten-Substituted SBA-15: An Enhanced Catalyst for 1-Butene Metathesis" Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2006, 93,158-163.
30) Alexander Kraynov, Andreas Suchopar, Lawrence D'Souza and Ryan Richards; "Determination of Geometric Orientation of Adsorbed Cinchonidine on Pt and Fe and Quiphos on Pt Nanoclusters via DRIFTS" Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2006, 8, 1321 - 1328.
29) Kake Zhu, Franc Pozgan, Lawrence D'Souza, Ryan M. Richards; "Ionic Liquid Templated High Surface Area Mesoporous Silica and Ru-SiO2" Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2006, 91, 40-46.
28) Vasile I. Parvulescu, Viorica Parvulescu Uwe Endruschat, George Filoti, Friedrich E. Wagner, Christian Kubel, Ryan Richards; "Characterization and catalytic hydrogenation behavior of SiO2-embedded nanoscopic Pd, Au and Pd-Au alloy colloids" Chemistry: A European Journal, Volume 12, Issue 8, Date: March 1, 2006, Pages: 2343-2357.
27) Lawrence D'Souza, Andreas Suchopar, Kake Zhu, Denitza Balyozova and Ryan M. Richards; "Efficient Route to High Surface Area, Thermally Stable ZrO2 and Pt/ZrO2 Catalysts" Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 2006, 88, 22-30.
26) Kake Zhu, Lawrence D'Souza and Ryan Richards; "Planting of Bis(1,5-cyclooctadiene) Nickel Upon Silica to Harvest NiO less than 5nm in a Silica Matrix" Applied Organometallic Chemistry, 2005, 19, 1065-1069.
25) Ryan M. Richards and Lawrence D'Souza; Chapter entitled "Synthesis of Metal Colloids" in "Catalyst Preparations". Editor J. Regalbuto, accepted to be published 2006.
24) Lawrence D'Souza, Jaffar Saleh-Subaie and Ryan Richards; "A colloid 'digesting' route to novel, thermally stable high surface area ZrO2 and Pd/ZrO2 catalytic materials" Journal of Colloid and Interface Science; 2005, 292, 476-485
23) Kake Zhu, Juncheng Hu, and Ryan Richards; "Aerobic Oxidation of Cyclohexane by Gold Nanoparticles Immobilized Upon Mesoporous Silica" Catalysis Letters; 2005, 100, 195-199.
22) Ryan Richards and Helmut Boennemann, Chapter entitled "Synthetic Approaches to Metallic Nanomaterials" in "Nanofabrication Towards Biomedical Applications" Editors C.S. Kumar, J. Hormes and C. Leuschner, 2005, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim.
21) Lawrence D'Souza, Andreas Suchopar and Ryan M. Richards; "In Situ Approaches to Establish Colloidal Growth Kinetics" Journal of Colloid and Interface Science; 2004, 279, 458-463.
20) Ryan Richards, Chapter entitled "Metal Oxide Nanoparticles". In "Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology", Editors James A. Schwarz, Cristian Contescu, and Karol Putyera, 2004 Marcel Dekker, New York.
19) Helmut Boennemann and Ryan Richards, Chapter entitled "Nanostructured Metal Colloids" in "Encyclopedia of Catalysis", 2003, Wiley VCH New York.
18) Ryan Richards, Alexander Volodin, Alexander Bedilo, Kenneth Klabunde; "ESR Study of Nanocrystalline Aerogel-Prepared Magnesium Oxide" Phyical. Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2003, 5, 4299 - 4305
17) H. Bonnemann and R. Richards; Chapter entitled "Nanomaterials as Precursors for Electrocatalysts," In "Catalysis and Electrocatalysis at Nanoparticle Surfaces". Editors A. Wieckowski, M. Savinova and C. Vayenas, 2003, Marcel Dekker Inc., New York.
16) H. Modrow, M.O. Rahman, R. Richards, J. Hormes, H. Bonnemann; "Structural Characterization of a Novel NiAlx Catalyst by X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy" Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2003; 107(44) pp 12221 - 12226
15) H. Bonnemann and R. Richards, Chapter entitled "Manufacture of Heterogeneous Mono- and Bimetallic Colloid Catalysts and Their Applications in Fine Chemical Synthesis and Fuel Cells". In "Synthetic Methods of Organometallic and Inorganic Chemistry" Editors W.A. Herrmann and G. Brauer, 2002, Thieme Verlag, Stuttgart.
14) R. Richards and H. Bonnemann; "Bottom up Synthesis of Ni/Al Skeletal Catalysts," Applied Organometallic Chemistry 2002, 16, 1-7.
13) Ilya V. Mishakov, Ryan M. Richards, Vladimir V. Chesnokov, Alexander M. Volodin, Vladimir I. Zaikovskii, Roman A. Buyanov, and Kenneth J. Klabunde; "Nanocrystalline MgO as a Dehydrohalogenation Catalyst," Journal of Catalysis, 2002, 206, 40-48.
12) R. Richards and H. Boennemann; "Precursor Preparation of Fuel Cell Catalysts," Fuel Cell Bulletin, 37, 2001, 7-10.
11) Richards, R., R. Mortel u. H. Bonnemann: Preparation Methods for Novel Electrocatalyst Precursors. In: Buchi, F.N., Scherer, G.G., Wokaun, A., International Conference with Exhibition PEFC, lst European PEFC Forum, Proceedings, 2-6 July, Lucerne/Switzerland, 63-72, Kinzel, Gottingen (2001).
10) Helmut Boennemann and Ryan Richards, Materials Week 2001, Munich, Germany,Oct., 2001, "The Precursor Concept for Catalyst Preparation."
09) Ryan Richards and Helmut Bonnemann, Materials Week 2001, Munich, Germany,Oct., 2001, "Bottom-up Preparation of Skeletal Catalysts."
08) H. Bonnemann and R. Richards; "Nanoscopic Metal Particles - Synthetic Methods and Potential Applications" European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2001, 2455-2480
07) Ryan Richards, Ravichandra S. Mulukutla, Alexander Volodin, Vladimir Zaikovski Naijian Sun and Kenneth J. Klabunde; "Nanocrystalline Ultra High Surface Area Magnesium Oxide as a Selective Base Catalyst," Scripta Materialia, 2001, 44, 8-9, 1663-1666.
06) Vladimir B. Fenelonov, Maxim S. Mel'gunov, Ilya V. Mishakov, Ryan M. Richards*, Vladimir V. Chesnokov, Alexander M. Volodin and Kenneth J. Klabunde; "Changes in Texture and Catalytic Activity of Nanocrystalline MgO during its Transformation to MgCl2 in the Reaction with 1-Chlorobutane," Journal of Physical Chemistry B; 2001; 105(18); 3937-3941.
05) Ryan Richards and Abbas Khaleel, Chapter entitled "Ceramics Nanoparticles" in "Nanostructured Materials in Chemistry," Editor K. J. Klabunde, 2001, Wiley VCH, New York.
04) Ryan M. Richards, "Characterization and Chemistry of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles", Ph.D. Dissertation, 2000, Kansas State University, USA.
03) Richards, R.; Li, W.; Decker, S.; Davidson, C.; Koper, O.; Zaikovski, V.; Volodin, A.; Rieker, T.; Klabunde, K. J.; "Consolidation of Metal Oxide Nanocrystals. Reactive Pellets with Controllable Pore Structure, that Represent a New Family of Porous, Inorganic Materials," Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2000, 122(20), 4921-4925.
02) Ryan M. Richards, "The Synthesis and Characterization of Substituted Phenylmalonato(1,2-Diaminocyclohexane)Platinum(II) Compounds for use as Possible Antitumor Agents", M.S. Thesis, 1999, Central Michigan University, USA
01) Howell, B. A.; Richards, R. M., "Methods for the preparation of organoplatinum compounds suitable for noncovalent attachment to water-soluble polymers." Polymeric Materials Science and Engineering, 74, 274-5, 1996