- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Colorado State University, December, 2007.
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, China, June, 2000.
- Hazard mitigation and resilient infrastructure system
- Traditional and innovative timber systems
- Mechanistic models and non-linear structural dynamics
- Large scale dynamic testing and monitoring
- Performance-based engineering
- Structural reliability
- Earthquake induced loss analysis
- 1. S. Pei, M. Popovski, and J.W. van de Lindt Analytical study on seismic force modification factors for cross laminated timber buildings for NBCC Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Accepted.
- 2. S. Pei, J.W. van de Lindt, and M. Popovski Approximate R-Factor for Cross Laminated Timber Walls in Multi-story Buildings Journal of Architectural Engineering, In Press.
- 3. G. Black, R.A. Davidson, S. Pei, and J.W. van de Lindt Empirical loss analysis in support definition of seismic performance objectives for woodframe buildings Structural Safety. Accepted.
- 4. K. Lucksiri, T. H. Miller, R. Gupta, S. Pei, J.W. van de Lindt Implementation of Plan Irregularity Rapid Visual Screening Tool for Wood-Frame, Single-Family Dwellings: A Case Study Journal of Earthquake Engineering, In Press
- 5. S. Pei , J.W. van de Lindt , N. Wehbe , and H. Liu (2013) Experimental study of collapse limits for wood frame shear walls Journal of Structural Engineering, 139(9): 1489-1497
- 6. J.W. van de Lindt, S. Pei, T. Dao, A. Graettinger, D.O. Prevatt, R. Gupta, and W. Coulbourne (2013) A Dual-objective-based tornado design philosophy Journal of Structural Engineering, 139(2): 251-263
- 7. David O. Prevatt, John W. van de Lindt, Edward Back, Daryl Phillips, Andrew J. Graettinger, William Coulbourne, Shiling Pei, Rakesh Gupta, Duzghun Agdas Damage Study and Future Direction for Structural Design following the Tuscaloosa, AL and Joplin, MO Tornadoes of 2011 Journal of Management in Engineering, In Press.
- 8. K. Lucksiri, T. H. Miller, R. Gupta, S. Pei, J.W. van de Lindt (2012)Effect of Plan Configuration on Seismic Performance of Single-Story, Wood-Frame Dwellings Natural Hazard Review, 13(1): 24-33.
- 9. C. Ni, S. Pei, J.W. van de Lindt, S. Kuan, and M. Popovski (2011) Non-Linear Time-History Analysis of Six-Story Wood Platform Frame Buildings in Vancouver, B.C. Earthquake Spectra, In Press.
- 10. K. Lucksiri, T. H. Miller, R. Gupta, S. Pei, J.W. van de Lindt (2012)A procedure for rapid visual screening for seismic safety of wood-frame dwellings with plan irregularity Engineering Structures, 36, 351-359.