BACI is a system that allows one to obtain practical experience with
concurrency concepts and synchronization techniques. The system is described
in Appendix E of Operating Systems Internals and Design Principles: Fifth Edition, by W. Stallings, Prentice
Hall, 2005. BACI has been used numerous times in courses by the two authors at
the College of William and Mary, the Colorado School of Mines, and the
University of Alabama.
See BACI for details.
See BACI GUI for details on
a Graphical User Interface for BACI.
See Distributed BACI for details on
a distributed version of BACI.
You can download BACI for win32 executables by downloading them as a guest from: Win32 Executable, thanks to prof. dr. Samir Ribic at University of Sarajevo.
BACI is being used (or has been used) at the following universities:
Please let us know if you are using BACI at your university.
- Australian Catholic University, Central Queensland University, Flinders University, Monash University, Queensland University of Technology, and Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology in Australia
- Salzburg University of Applied Sciences in Austria
- Katholieke Hogeschool Sint-Lieven and Ghent University in Belgium
- Sacred Heart Junior College in Belize
- University of Sarajevo in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Technical University of Sofia in Bulgaria
- Sheridan College and Ryerson University in Canada
- University of West Bohemia in Czech Republic
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Beijing Polytechnic University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and Zhejiang University in China
- Universidad de los Andes in Colombia
- University of Cyprus in Cyprus
- University of Luton in England
- Universitt Gesamthochschule Kassel in Germany
- National Autonomus University of Honduras in Honduras
- Satya Wacana Christian University in Indonesia
- Khajeh Nasir Toosi University of Technology in Iran
- Universita' Ca' Foscari di Venezia and University of Sannio in Italy
- Multimedia University in Malaysia
- Universidad Panamericana in Mexico City and Sistema ITESM in Mexico
- Eastern Institute of Technology in New Zealand
- Xavier University - Ateneo De Cagayan in the Philippines
- Adam Mickiewicz University in Poland
- University of Puerto Rico in Puerto Rico
- University of Dundee in Scotland
- Complutense University in Madrid, ITESM Campus Leon, Universidad de Oviedo, Universidad Complutense, University of Cordoba, and Universidad Miguel Hernandez in Spain
- Fatih University in Turkey
- Institute of Computer Information Technologies in Ukraine
- American University of Sharjah in United Arab Emirates
- Biola University, Boston University, California State University-Fullerton, California State University-Sacramento, Cedarville College, DePauw University, Eastern Illinois University, Lock Haven University, Middle Tennessee State University, Muhlenberg College, Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, Penn State Harrisburg, Pepperdine University, Roberts Wesleyan College, St. Norbert College, St. John's University, Saint Xavier University, Southeastern Louisiana University, University of Central Florida, University of Maine at Farmington, University of Texas at El Paso, West Texas A&M University, Worcester State College, and Xavier University of Louisiana in the United States