Veronika ZhitenevaCivil & Environmental Engineering
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- MS Environmental Engineering Science, Colorado School of Mines, 2016
- BS Environmental Science & Technology, University of Maryland, College Park, 2013
- Current: Wastewater research - electrocoagulation, various
iterations of municipal wastewater treatment (low
metallic salts). Water quality
assessments of underground mine
- Undergraduate: Anaerobic digestion efficiences at varying temperatures, coupled anaerobic digestion and microbial fuel cell optimization.
- This year I'm teaching at John F. Kennedy High School, helping out with introduction to and principles of engineering, energy industry fundamentals, and digital electronics. Last year I helped teach science and math at Clayton Elementary School, assisting in kindergarten, 4th, and 6th grades, and ran an after school Science Club for grades 4-6. During my undergraduate years I worked on the Solar Decathlon at UMD, where I became interested in science education, and now I'm happy to be part of keeping kids interested in STEM. Between undergrad & grad I worked as a stormwater engineering at a small engineering firm in MD. I'm originally from Russia.