Incoming Transfer Student Questions

I would like to transfer to Mines.

If you are interested in attending Mines, please contact Admissions on their website.

What courses should I take if I want to transfer into a particular major?

We have created transfer guides for interested students who are taking courses through a community college that we have an articulation agreement with. These guides are located here.

I have been accepted to Mines and submitted my decision to enroll. How will my credits be transferred?

Applicable credits that are taken through an articulation agreement will automatically transfer.  Courses taken at other institutions may require further evaluation.  More information can be found on the Transfer Student Information website.

I was told that I need to submit coursework, what do I need to send?

Information on what to send (if anything) are included with your transcript evaluation received when you were accepted.  Detailed requirements are located on the Transfer Course Approvals website.

I want to change my schedule, when can I do so?

Your schedules are initially created by the Registrar's Office.  Once registered, you will have the ability to change your courses.  The process is described on the Transfer Student Registration website.

How can I take a Challenge Exam to test out of a course?

Challenge Exams are by invitation only and an invite will be sent to your Mines email account should you qualify.  For more information, please refer to the Challenge Exam website.

I have a question not listed here. Who should I contact?

Please email if you have any questions.

Contact Information

OPEN M-F 8:00am-5:00pm

Registrar's Office
Student Center E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401

P: 303-273-3200
F: 303-384-2253

 Follow us on Twitter