Study Abroad and International Transfer

I would like to study abroad.  Who should I contact?

The Office of International Programs (OIP) will get you started on what needs to be completed to study abroad.

What Universities are eligible for transfer credit?

The Registrar's Office maintains a database of courses and universities that have been pre-approved for transfer.  Paperwork to take these courses are located on our International Approvals page.

Institutions must be approved by the Department of Education or the equivalent in the country of residence.  International institutions that are regionally accredited are also eligible. No credit can be awarded for any summer program in China. If you have a question if an institution is eligible, please contact  

What is the conversion for transfer credit?

ECTS hours are 2 hours for 1 semester hour.  Other conversions are made on a per University basis through AACRAO IES guidelines. This data can be requested through

I have study abroad paperwork that needs to be signed by the Registrar's Office.  What do I need to submit?

Please submit the packet as well as course descriptions to the Registrar's Office front desk.  If there are any questions, you will receive an email from your official Mines email account.  Otherwise, once completed, you will be notified via email that it is ready for pickup at the Registrar's Office front desk.

I have a question not listed here. Who should I contact?
Please email if you have any questions.

Contact Information

OPEN M-F 8:00am-5:00pm

Registrar's Office
Student Center E280
1200 16th Street
Golden, CO 80401

P: 303-273-3200
F: 303-384-2253

 Follow us on Twitter