The Colorado School of Mines Department of Public Safety is a full service, community oriented law enforcement agency, providing 24/7 service to the campus.
It is the mission of the Colorado School of Mines Police Department to make the Mines campus the safest campus in Colorado.
The department is responsible for providing services such as:
- Proactive patrol of the campus and its facilities;
- Investigation and reporting of crimes and incidents;
- Motor vehicle traffic and parking enforcement;
- Crime and security awareness programs;
- Alcohol / Drug abuse awareness / education;
- Self defense classes;
- Consultation with campus departments for safety and security matters;
- Additional services to the campus community such as: vehicle unlocks and jumpstarts, community safe walks (escorts), building and office security, and assistance in any medical, fire, or other emergency situation.
The police officers employed by the Department of Public Safety are fully trained police officers in accordance with the Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Board and the Colorado Revised Statutes.
CSM PD Main Office:
1812 Illinois Street
Golden, CO 80401
Administrative office hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00 A..M. to noon
and 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
After hours, an on-duty
Mines Police Officer can
be reached by calling
(303) 273-3333 and touching option 5
or by calling the City of
Golden Police Dispatch
at (303) 384-8045 or 911