Student organizations concerned with sustainability include:
- This is a service-based environmental club dedicated to community outreach and education.
- The main events are the Fall Harvest Festival and the Earth Day Celebration. These consist of free food, free beer, free music, and fun sustainability related activities.
- The club hosts lectures, sponsors tours, and does volunteer work such as cleaning up Clear Creek.
- This is currently the only joint chapter of these two national organizations.
- Currently they are in the process of planning an implementation trip to Nicaragua where they are working on improving access to clean water in the community of Los Gomez.
- Read more about their projoct in Los Gomez, including interviews of students surrently collaborating on the project, on the Colorado School of Mines Newsroom Website Here.
- Contact the Engineers Without Borders & Bridges To Prosperity Chapter at Colorado School of Mines at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is a club mainly for students pursuing the minor in energy, but is open to anyone!
- They execute multiple energy related projects including bike powered generators, an electric vehicle charging station, and a wind turbine.
- The club hosts lectures and tours of energy related research and sites.
- Contact the President Nadim Rabbani at email@example.com or address the club as in general on their website at the "Contact Us" portion of their website here
- Learn more about their club at their website minesenergy.wordpress.com
Sustainable Remediation Forum
- Contact the President Dustin Dacus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wind Energy Club
- Created to help students gain a theoretical and practical understanding of wind energy
- Contact the President Nadim Rabbani at email@example.com