GRL Power Outage July 1, 2, and 3, 201907/01/19
COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES
1801 19th Street
Golden, CO 80401
(303) 273-3330 Phone
EMERGENCY / SERVICE OUTAGE MEMORANDUM
Notification Date: May 17, 2019
To: GRL Occupants
From: Edward Brown
Emergency Contact Info: 303-273-3337, Cell 562-572-5704
Outage Date: July 1, 2, and 3, 2019 (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday)
Outage Time: 6 am to 3 pm both days, and on Wednesday, July 3 from 6 am to 10 pm
Purpose: System(s) Perform 5-year electrical testing and preventative maintenance.
All electrical power including, lighting, and all emergency electrical power, and cooling/heating and ventilation systems will not be working. There will also be no process cooling water in the labs.
There will be no laboratory exhaust ventilation due to maintenance work. To prepare for this shutdown you will need to:
• Cease all work with chemicals during the maintenance period.
• Shut down experiments that generate hazardous contaminants (particulates, dust, ozone, etc.) and heat.
• Close all chemical containers and properly store them, including those within the laboratory hoods.
• Verify your waste containers are closed.
• Submit full waste containers for waste pickup.
• Close/lower the sash on your chemical hood.
• Close all gas cylinder valves except for inert gases such as nitrogen and argon.
Effect(s) on Occupants: There will be no power to the building. Lights and all electrical systems will go on and off without warning during the times listed above. Please make sure all computers, and equipment are turned off the night before.
For public safety, no one will be allowed in the building on Monday, and Tuesday, during 6 am to 3 pm.
Blaster card access may not work.
We will be bring in temp power for a limited number of freezers and glove boxes. Please provide a list to Barbara, firstname.lastname@example.org , and myself, email@example.com, of the equipment that will need to be powered during this electrical outage.
Please notify all personnel affected by this outage. If this interruption of service creates an unmanageable problem, or you desire additional information, please call me at 273-3330.
Thank you for your cooperation.