Closing 18th Street near Welcome Center 7-8-19 to 1-15-2007/08/19
We are excited to begin a new infrastructure project. This project will connect Spruce Hall to the campus grid and add additional capacity for future projects.
The construction involves closing 18th Street from Maple to Illinois. See below schedule and site plan:
- On Monday, July 8th, we will begin fencing off a portion of 18th Street
- 18th Street will be closed to all pedestrian and vehicular traffic
- We will be closing the parking in front of Starzer Welcome Center
- We will be adding 2 ADA parking spaces on the east side of the Welcome Center on Illinois, to replace the 2 spaces we are consuming
- This portion of the project will be closed from 7/8 – 8/26
- On August 26th, we will extend the fencing to include all of 18th Street and a portion of the front of the Starzer Welcome Center. The front “porch” area will not be included in the closure. Emergency egress doors will remain available
- This area will be closed until 1/15/20
We understand that construction is inconvenient. We are striving to maintain the access to the Starzer Welcome Center and make the access as easy as possible.
As always, please be aware of your surroundings near construction areas and follow construction signage and safety personnel’s directions.
Please share this information with all students, staff and faculty that this may affect.
If you have any questions, please call Kathy Burris at 303-273-3566.