- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- PhD. Candidate in Geophysics (Minor in Geology), Colorado School of Mines, 2013 - present. Thesis title: Seismotectonics of Turkey and Iran from Calibrated Earthquake Relocations
- M.Sc. in Geophysics, Colorado School of Mines, 2010-2012. Thesis title: The Formation Mechanism of South Tharsis Ridge Belt, Mars
- M.Sc. in Geological Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Geological Engineering, 2008 - 2010. Thesis title: Earthquake Focal Mechanism and Stress Tensor Analysis along the Central Segment of the North Anatolian Fault
- B.A. in Geological Engineering (Minor in Remote Sensing and GIS), Middle East Technical University, 2003 - 2008
- Karasozen, E., E. Nissen, E. A. Bergman, K. L. Johnson, and R. J. Walters (2016), Normal faulting in the Simav graben of western Turkey reassessed with calibrated earthquake relocations, J. Geophys. Res., 121 (6), 4553-4574.
- Karasozen, E., J.C. Andrews-Hanna, J.M. Dohm and R.C. Anderson (2016), The formation of the South Tharsis Ridge Belt: Basin and Range-style extension on early Mars?, J. Geophys. Res..
- Copley, A., E. Karasozen, B. Oveisi, J.R. Elliott, S. Samsonov, and E. Nissen (2015), Seismogenic faulting of the sedimentary sequence and laterally variable material properties in the Zagros Mountains (Iran) revealed by the August 2014 Murmuri (E. Dehloran) earthquake sequence, Geophys. J. Int., 203, 1436-1459, doi:10.1093/gji/ggv365.
- Karasozen, E., A.A. Ozacar, C.B. Biryol. And S.L. Beck, (2014), Seismicity, focal mechanisms and active stress field around the central segment of the North Anatolian Fault in Turkey, Geophys. J. Int., 196(1), 405-421.