- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- Doctor of Philosophy (in progress) - Metallurgical and Materials Engineering - Colorado School of Mines: Golden, CO
- Master of Science (in progress) - Metallurgical and Materials Engineering - Colorado School of Mines: Golden, CO
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (May 2016) - Minor in Metallurgical Engineering - Trine University: Angola, IN
- I am working under Dr. Stephen Liu in the Center for Welding, Joining, and Coatings Research (cwjcr.mines.edu). My master's work is focused on laser brazing processes for high-temperature materials in the aerospace industry. My other research interests include laser welding, additive manufacturing, and metal casting.
- As a native of Indiana, I enjoy most of the same activities that are typical in Colorado: snowboarding, riding motorcycles, hiking, and mountain biking. In my spare time, I enjoy building and launching model rockets.
- I am still working on publishing my own research papers. However, I was acknowledged for my work in electric field-induced softening of alkali silicate glasses as an REU student at Lehigh University: http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/journal/apl/107/18/10.1063/1.4934945