- Associate Professor
- Division of Economics and Business
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
My research focuses primarily on evaluating the economy-wide impacts of environmental regulations and the use of applied general equilibrium models to address these problems. I have written about international trade and regulatory responses to global warming, about environmental taxation and fiscal reform, and about how to model the demand for environmental quality and health in economy-wide benefit-cost assessments.
I completed a PhD in Economics at the University of Colorado at Boulder in 2003. Subsequently, I held a post-doctoral fellowship at the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics Policy at North Carolina State University from 2003 to 2005. I am also a proud graduate of Wesleyan University where I completed BA in Mathematics-Economics.
MEE alumnus, Jon Becker, successfully defended his PhD dissertation and was hired as a postdoctoral fellow at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Congrats, Jon!
I am a member of the program committee for the Joint Institute for Strategic Energy Analyisis in the National Center for Renewable Energy.
I am a member of the steering committee for the new Rocky Mountain Research Data Center at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
I currently serve as a member of the editorial council for the Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
Courses Recently Taught
- EBGN 645, Computational Economics
- EBGN 521, Microeconomics and Mineral and Energy Economics
- EBGN 470/570, Environmental Economics
- EBGN 310, Environmental and Resource Economics
- Carbone, Jared C., Sul-Ki Lee and Yuzhou Shen. Forthcoming. U.S. household preferences for climate amenities: Demographic analysis and robustness testing. Climate Change Economics.
- Carbone, Jared C., Nicholas Rivers, Akio Yamazaki and Hidemichi Yonezawa. 2020. Comparing applied general equilibrium and econometric estimates of the effect of an environmental policy shock. Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists 7, no. 4:687-719.
- Carbone, Jared C. and Yuzhou Shen. 2020. Assessing the Benefits of Air-Quality Improvements in General Equilibrium: A Review. International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics 14, no. 1: 1-36.
- Böhringer, Christoph, Jared C. Carbone and Thomas F. Rutherford. 2018. Embodied Carbon Tariffs. Scandinavian Journal of Economics 120, no. 1: 183-210. [Previous version appears as NBER Working Paper No. 17376. August 2011.]
- Carbone, Jared C., and Nicholas Rivers. 2017. The Impacts of Unilateral Climate Policy on Competitiveness: Evidence From Computable General Equilibrium Models. Review of Environmental Economics and Policy 11, no. 1: 24-42.
- Böhringer, Christoph, Jared C. Carbone and Thomas F. Rutherford. 2016. The Strategic Value of Carbon Tariffs. American Economic Journal: Economic Policy 8, no. 1: 28-51.
- Williams III, Roberton, Hal Gordon, Dallas Burtraw, Jared C. Carbone and Richard D. Morgenstern. 2015. The Initial Incidence of a Carbon Tax across Income Groups. National Tax Journal 68, no. 1: 195-214.