- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- PhD. in Hydrology at Colorado School of Mines, March 2018 (Anticipated)
- M.S. in Environmental Engineering and Science at Syracuse University, L.C. Smith College of Engineering, May 2014
- B.S. in Geology / B.S. in Environmental Science at Plattsburgh State University, May 2012
- Analytical chemistry (LC-QToF-MS, GC-MS/MS, LC MS/MS, GC-MS, LC-MS, IC, ICP, etc.)
- Surface/Groundwater analysis (modeling, slug test, tracer studies, stream gauging etc.)
- Molecular biology techniques (PCR, DNA and RNA extraction/quantification, SAGE microarrays etc.)
- GC/LC and MS maintenance (AB Sciex, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Perkin Elmer, Agilent)
- Surface/Groundwater analysis (tracer studies, stream gauging etc.) and GIS/Remote sensing
- Data analysis using R and MATLAB
- Oetjen, K., Chan K., Gulmark, K., Christensen, J., Blotevogel, J., Borch, T., Spear, J., Cath, T., and Higgins, C.P. Temporal Characterization and Statistical Analysis of Flowback and Produced Waters and Their Potential for Reuse Science of the Total Environment - 2017 (accepted)
- Oetjen, K., Giddings, C.G., McLaughlin, M., Nell, M., Blotevogel, J., Helbling, D.E., Mueller, D. and Higgins, C.P., Emerging analytical methods for the characterization and quantification of organic contaminants in flowback and produced water. Trends in Environmental Analytical Chemistry, 15, (2017): 12-23.
- Barzen-Hanson, K.A., Roberts, S.C., Choyke, S.J., Oetjen, K., McAlees, A., Riddell, N., McCrindle, R., Ferguson, P.L., Higgins, C.P. and Field, J.A., 2017. "Discovery of 40 classes of per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances in historical aqueous film-forming foams (AFFFs) and AFFF-impacted groundwater." Environmental Science & Technology (2017).
- Oetjen, K, and Thomas, L. "Volatile and semi-volatile organic compound patterns in flowback waters from fracturing sites within the Marcellus Shale." Environmental Earth Sciences 75.12 (2016): 1-10.
- Oetjen K, "Evaluation of Volatile and Semi-Volatile Organic Compounds Potentially Associated with the Gas Shale Fracturing Process in the Fayetteville and Marcellus Shale" (2014). Theses - ALL. Paper 57.
- Oetjen K, Kranitz R, Zimmermann T, Fuller R, Franzi D. Spatial and Temporal Variability of Anion Concentrations and Suspended Solids in the Little Chazy River, Northeastern New York. GSA Today Northeastern Section. Paper No: 48-7. March 20, 2012