- Economics and Business
- Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
- Colorado School of Mines, PhD Student, Mineral and Energy Economics
- University of Maine, M.S., Resource Economics and Policy
- North Dakota State University B.S., Economics, Statistics
- North Dakota State College of Science, Computer Engineering
- The American University in Cairo, Arabic Language
- Specific areas of interests are consumer and producer adoption of new energy technologies, modeling of product deployment, as well as environmental benefits from alternative energy technology deployment. Methodology interests are in merging aspects of operations research, agent-based models, and statistics/econometrics to develop techno-economic models of complex mineral and energy systems.
- Rare Earth Element Supply Chains
- Electricity Sector Modeling
- Transportation Fuel Policy
- Network Optimization
- Discrete Choice Modeling
- Uria-Martinez, R, P Leiby, M Brown. 2018. Energy Security Role of Biofuels in Evolving Liquid Fuel Markets. Biofuels, Bioproducts & Biorefining, accepted for publication.
- Elke L. Hodson, M Brown, S Cohen, S Showalter, M Wise, F Wood, J Caron, F Feijoo, G Iyer, K Cleary. 2018. U.S. Energy Sector Impacts of Technology Innovation, Fuel Price, and Electric Sector CO2 Policy: Results from the EMF 32 Model Intercomparison Study. Energy Economics, in press.
- Caron, J, S Cohen, J Reilly, M Brown. 2018. Exploring the Impacts of a National U.S. CO2 Tax and Revenue Recycling Options with a Coupled Electricity-Economy Model. Climate Change Economics. Vol 09 (2018) 01.
- Imholte, D, R Nguyen, A Vedantam, M Brown, A Iyer, B Smith, J Collins, C Anderson, B O'Kelley. 2018. An assessment of U.S. rare earth availability for supporting U.S. wind energy growth targets. Energy Policy 113, PG 294-305.
- Uria-Martinez, R, P Leiby, M Brown. 2018. Cost of Oil and Biomass Supply Shocks under Different Biofuel Supply Chain Configurations. Transportation Research Record, 18-05310.
- Brown, M, R Eggert. 2018. Simulating Producer Responses to Selected Chinese Rare Earth Policies. Resources Policy. Vol 55 (2018), pg 31-48.
- Johnson et al. 2015. High-Octane Mid-Level Ethanol Blend Market Assessment. NREL Technical Report, NREL/TP-5400-63698, December 2015.
- Rubin, J, P Leiby, M Brown. 2014. Regional Credit Trading: Economic and GHG Impacts of a National Low Carbon Fuel Standard. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board 2454, pp. 28-35 (2014).
- Brown, M. 2013. Catching the PHEVer: Simulating Electric Vehicle Diffusion with an Agent-Based Mixed Logit Model of Vehicle Choice. Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulations. 16 (2) 5
- Railroad Depot at Dusk [Photo]. Published in Fargo-Moorhead Visitor's Guide, 2015.